I went here last year with my Family and I defenitely would go back!
Arriving at the hotel -
It's an hours journey from the airport to the Hotel, but you get to see Portugal and it's lovely scenery. It was quite warm when we arrived at the hotel (But of course your in Portugal, so it's not going to be freezing!) When we got in to reception we checked in, they said it would take a while for our room to be ready, but we were fine with that. Reception was nice and cool, very spacious, seats with tables, T.V and magazines. Beside the reception desk there was brochures for waterparks, themeparks and good places to visit. The reception does not accept cards, only cash. Restaurant in reception, entertainment room, nice clean toliets and a bar (Selling soft drinks, alchahol, ice lollies, sweets, crisps and slush puppies for the kids!) While we were waiting, the staff let us keep our luggage in a luggage room.
Impressed by the pools, 5 to choose from. The busiest one is the one near reception. Only one or two pools sutible for small children. Good sized pools. Pool bars at some pools (Offer good drinks, ice lollies, ice cream and crisps!) Music plays sometimes througout the day at the main pool near the reception, but it makes it feel more holiday like. The pool I was at didn't have a pool bar, but it did have a drinks machine. The coke ran out after a while (Thanks to me!). I would give the pool 4 1/2 stars as some pools get quite busy.
Tip: You may need to get up early for sun beds, but that doesn't really matter because there is quite a few available.
Town - Small drive into townm taxi drivers can drive fast sometimes, a bit of a wait for a taxi. There's the strip which is very lively but it is very fun there, you can eat at nice restaurants, there is some kiddy rides sometimes. But there are stray dogs running about sometimes. Old town is nice, restaurants are nice and the beach has people making lovely sand sculptures.
Staff - They were good and helpful, very friendly!
We were self catering so we boughtour food from the supermarkets. It was tasty, some English food. Bread was nice that is in the hotel supermarket and cereal is just the same as the English kind.
Apartments - They 're just your basic apartments. Good T.V, great kitchen, big double bed in a seperate room, we had two balcony's which were very big, one offered a sunbed. The main balcony had a table with four seats, beautiful view looking over the sea. Some noise at nights but it's easy to get asleep. Stairs up to our apartment, can be tiring if your coming back from a walk or you're tired but it depends where you are in the hotel grounds. Can be hard to get asleep as it is a warm country. Sofa bed which folds out to be a double bed. Floor can get dirty but maid sorts that out.
Overall, it's a brillaint hotel and I would reccomend it for Families, couples and solo's!
My rating : ****
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve