Me and my girlfriend stayed at Alfagar II for one week on an all-inclusive basis in June, 2011.
Check-in was very quick and easy, we were quickly given our all-inclusive bands and room keys, and were given a map and information about the hotel and it's grounds. After this we were directed to our room.
Upon entry to our room, we were shocked at the size, cleanliness and general layout of the room. First of all, we went to the balcony which was massive, and had two sun loungers and a table with 4 chairs. The view was lovely and definitely worth the upgrade. We also had a full kitchen, with all appliances, which wasn't needed as we were all inclusive but it was nice to know that it was there. The bedroom was fairly big and the beds were two larger than single beds, pushed together. We also had a full dining table, and living area with large couch and television (which also showed british channels).
The buffet was excellent with varying dishes every night, that were always fresh and being replenished often. The snack bar at the pool was excellent and provided snacks inbetween the three buffet meals of the day: burgers, toasties, chips, ice cream, etc. The staff in the restaurant were also very friendly and would do anything to make your stay better.
We had access to all Alfagar facilities, including two other pools from Alfagar I which were quieter than the main pool. All pools were very clean and always had free sunloungers.
The only downside to the hotel was it's location. It is a 5 minute taxi ride to the old town which cost around 6/7 euros. To walk would have taken around 45 minutes. This may not be a problem for families who are based in the hotel as there was entertainment every night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alfagar II Aparthotel has an unbeatable location overlooking the sea. Together with the Alfagar village, set in a beautiful 11 ha property of gardens and cliff formations (a protected area of natural beauty), with spectacular views along the coastline. Situated in the center of the Algarve, in Balaia area just between the villages of Albufeira and Olhos de Água. Composed of 90 modern, comfortable apartments in a modern 5-storey building. Alfagar II Aparthotel is ideal for families, with his wide range of facilities, such as a children’s pool with slides and splash area, and for all those seeking a quality holiday in a quiet setting, while remaining within easy reach of shops and lively night entertainment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Alfagar II Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alfagar Ii Aparthotel Hotel Albufeira
- Alfagar II Aparthotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve