“Brilliant”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We had been walking around Old Albufeira all afternoon looking for somewhere cheap and decent to eat. We were heading back to a restaurant we had seen, but then on the way this one caught our eye- with the menu that had about 5 or 6 dishes for 5€. So decided to stop, so we took a seat outside the restaurant which is situated just behind the busy square, so was more relaxing and quiet. I ordered the pork steak and my friend ordered spare ribs - both served with chips and salad, they arrived in good time. And was the nicest meal I've had all week! I haven't been to the most fancied restaurants, but this was great! And good value for money as well! Will definitely go back if I'm in Old Town again!

1  Thank ShaquillaandTiesh

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Tucked away from the main square, this restaurant offered a very friendly service and such reasonably priced fresh food. I had piri piri chicken with chips and salad and I believe it was only 4.50 and my mum had fresh sardines, 4 sardines with chips and salad for 3.50. Amazing value, lovely food highly recommended!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I did not eat here, rather enjoyed a fresh fruit smoothie in the shade. The menu was comparable to zansi 2. The drink menu featured both alcoholic and non-alcoholic frozen beverages, and the smoothie was just what the doctor ordered as a remedy for the hot afternoon sun. It is easy to walk past, however I am very glad that I sat and ordered that smoothie. I may very well return for another!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We enter this restaurant because of a trip adviser sign. We had 5 dishes. 2 of them uneatable. The worst was Spaghetti bolognese that tasted like the sause had been in the freezer for 6 month. We all tased it and no one could eat the dish. The other uneatable dish was boild cod. I don't know how anyone manage to boil a fish so dry and salty! And there was no sause served. Only over boild potatoes and steamed vegetables out of the freezerbag. I have never complained in any restaurant. This was just so bad that I feel I need to tell my story to save others.

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Visited here for lunch whilst in the old town, found both the food & prices average. Staff were pleasant & friendly. Would return for snacks/lunch no problem.