“Excellent view, top class food and service”
Review of Cais Velho

Cais Velho
Ranked #96 of 838 Restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mediterranio kitchen with flavours of the world, when you need any order in special for a special ocasion its only ask us with 48 hours for we have time to prepared
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Have just returned from our 6th visit to Albufeira. Each year we head straight to this restaurant for our evening meals and often lunch(a 25 minute walk from our hotel). The welcome is very warm and friendly. We usually eat from the 19 euro menu and find it the best value compared with any other restaurants we have tried. The staff are attentive and hard working, especially the owners and it was nice to have our drinks poured out almost before we had sat down(they made the effort to remember what we usually had!) The main courses are excellent and the portions generous.I recommend the rack of lamb! We look forward to returning there again next year

There are newer reviews for Cais Velho

Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

This place gets good reviews hence our visit. On the other hand I understand most neighboring restaurants are tourist traps so not too much effort needed to stand out. The service was very friendly and efficient, the view fantastic and the food very standard, nothing special although it was absolutely not bad just normal I would say. Would prefer to try somewhere else if there is a next time in Albufeira.

1  Thank Eatthemeat
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We ate here twice during our holiday - both times from the 19 euro set menu.

We can recommend the bruschetta - toasted artisan bread drizzled with olive oil and piled with tomato, fresh basil and feta cheese. My husband had the paella twice he enjoyed it so much. I can recommend the seafood cataplana (stew) which was served with rice and couscous. I also had golden bream one night - the waiter made a very thorough job of boning it and it was therefore a joy to eat. Everything came in very large portions - great value. The service is wonderful - attentive without being overwhelming. We were eating messy dishes with bones and shells so we were given finger bowls with warm water and lemon, plates for the shells (which were changed half-way) and extra napkins,

If there is a weak spot, I would say it was the desserts. Ice cream was fine but cakes were a bit dry and tasteless - not too bad though,

We told them it was our last night in Albufeira so they sat us side by side at the front facing the sunset - lovely - and we were also given a free glass of port.

Great place - I would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Awesome food, welcoming friendly staff, what more can I say this is a great place to dine with lovely views and so friendly
We had the set menu which was a Feast fit for a King.
It started with Nachos, (beautiful) Main Seafood Paella (enough to feed a family never mind two of us) it was simply awesome, tasty fresh and out of this world.
Strawberry cheesecake, coffee Ummmm lovely and a complimentary Port.
The waiter was great so attentive, and we were never rushed, great ambience and atmosphere I have only just arrived back in England a couple of hours ago so I have written this well it is still in my mind.
Please please go it will be worth it.
Well done to all at this restaurant.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good location overlooking the beach and good set menu deal of 19 euro which included 3 course meal and coffee. Only 3 choices per course but good for the cost!
Would recommend.