“Nice Little Town” 4 of 5 bubbles

57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Nice Little Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was staying in Quarteria and I was able to use the local bus service to go to Albuferia and many other town's, But Albuferia was my first stop and it was very nice to stroll around, It even has a
McDonald's & Burger King, plenty of other cafes and shops.

Visited September 2013

UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lisbon trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went on a tour from Albufeira to Lisbon with Follow Me Tours. The pick ups were fine, and the drive to Lisbon although long was comfortable enough, and our guide gave us plenty of information when we entered the city.

We transferred to an open-top tour bus, which was efficient which drove along the coast to one of Lisbon suburbs. Not really that much to see from the open bus, as I guess Lisbon has no really famous sights, but a pleasant drive.

We had an hour in the suburb (can't remember the name) before we met the follow me tour bus again there which took us to the city centre. We should have got lunch here (in the suburb), but we waited until getting into Lisbon which was a mistake as we didn't have that long in the city centre so wasted time getting food when we could have seen more of the city centre. We felt the tour guide should have recommended us to get an early lunch.

We felt that the tour would have benefitted from a map of the city centre, and a lot more information from the guide. We only got a brief description of the things to see in the city centre from the guide as we arrived back in the centre, and it was a lot to take in, in a short time. If the guide had taken the opportunity to describe what to see during the drive back from the suburb to the centre we might have taken the information in, and made more of the time in the centre.

All in all, a long day, and we would have liked a little more time in the city centre.

Follow me tours also failed to reply to any of our emails prior to our trip when we made enquiries into their tours prior to us arriving in portugal. We booked this trip through our hotel, and it was only coincidence that they used follow me tours.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SDB1
Botkins, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Lagos & Sagres: Everything went wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

To start: We had been told to wait at the bus station and look for a bus with a Follow Me! logo, and upon not seeing it, we called the tour company, who said it was running late. Ok, no problem. After waiting another 15 minutes, someone came waving their arms and yelling at us to get on a bus that had been parked there the entire time -- no Follow Me logo, no reason for us to identify this bus out of all of the others at the bus station. Our guide, Paulo, said the bus didn't HAVE to have the logo -- fine, but we were told it did. He was terse and impolite with us because apparently WE had gotten his tour started late. Not a good start.

Then, Paulo didn't say a word as we spent ages picking up the other tour members at their hotels (we didn't even know his name yet.) He spoke English, Portuguese, and French, and I don't know about the French, but both his English and Portuguese were difficult to understand. He gave us some information about the places at which we stopped (Lagos, Ponta de Piedade, and Cabo de Sao Vicente -- no stop in Sagres, just a drive-through) but otherwise made no effort to converse with us -- it was obvious he was just there to do what he had to do and didn't care one way or another about the tour members.

Also, thanks to having to spend so much time picking up and dropping off everyone, our schedule was the following: 1 hour in Lagos, 15 minutes at Ponta de Piedade, and 30 minutes at Cabe de Sao Vicente. Plus one 20 minute rest stop. The rest of our 8-hour trip was spent in the bus. If it had to be this way, at least having a tour guide who cared would make it bearable!

And to top it all off, the drop off: Being the second group picked up, we assumed we'd be the second to last group dropped off. However, on our way home, Paulo directed the driver to go past our town to drop off the last group and HIMSELF. As Paulo left, he just waved goodbye as if he were any other tourist arriving home for the evening. Which left my boyfriend and I on the bus alone with the driver for the end of this "tour."

So, our goal was to see some of these sites on the western part of the coast, and we did accomplish that. But thanks to disorganization and the worst tour guide I've ever had, it wasn't a particularly pleasant experience. I recommend taking a public bus because all this one provided was transportation, and at least that way you can spend as much time as you like there.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank goettear
Newry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Silves & Monchique bus tour from Alvor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This had to be the biggest waste of a day tour was supposed to start at 12.10 when it picked us up from the hotel, which it did the driver seemed to be in a bad mood but that was ok as he only had to drive the bus and we all have bad days, we was supposed to be back at our hotel by 5 pm we got back at 7. 10 we seemed to tour around the towns picking up passengers and had to wait for a couple that did not turn up again not the tour companies fault, then we had to wait for the tour guide and other passengers at a small café where some passengers where waiting to use the toilet when the bus driver tried to hurry them up.
As for the tour guide he could bore for Portugal, if you suffer from insomnia go on a tour with Carlos the tour guide his spent more time talking at us as if he was a school teacher lecturing a class of 10 year olds, we had to leave Alvor the next day at 6.45 to get to the airport and that is the only reason I did not look for my money back, the taxi driver told us more about the Algarve in about 30 minutes than the tour guide did in 6 hours, maybe we had a bad tour but I would never go on another tour with this company again and I think the majority of passengers on the bus felt the same, all talk and little sight seeing, I have given it a one rating but that's one more than I wanted to

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Billy A
Sheffield, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Decent Firm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have been on 3 tours with this company and each one has been good, the guides are a mine of information, the coaches have always been comfortable and air conditioned, and the places they take you are usually the top attractions, the complaints on other reviews about the journey times need to understand that the coaches have speed limits, on a road with a limit of 120kmph the coach will probably have to stick to 100kmph, if they were to accumulate fines then they would be out of business.

Visited June 2013