“Nice Lunch”
Review of Taverna Pegasus - CLOSED

Taverna Pegasus
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

perfect lunch spot & they have the daily papers the owner is very polite not at all pushy wich is just what you want

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Visited a couple of times during the day as we passed and enjoyed the free daily papers, wifi and cheap beer prices. Went back to eat one evening and although ribs and chicken were lovely the black pork kebabs were really tough and chewy, quite a let down really as they are a local speciality.
We might have chosen badly from the menu but my feeling is there are better places nearby and cheaper drinks during the happy hours.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The tourist menu was very good value, I had salmon and it was delicious served with new potatoes and salad. The fruit salad for dessert was a bit disappointing as it consisted of a chopped up apple and a few segments of orange, a little more choice of fruit would have made it a perfect meal out. Nice staff, very friendly but they didnt take credit card either so make sure you go with enough cash!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We ate here 3 times during our week visit from 05/07/13 - 12/07/13, the food was really good. I tried something different all 3 times and really enjoyed it. The first time I had Spaghetti Bolognese, 2nd time I had the BBQ Ribs and the 3rd time I had the Piri-Piri Chicken which was the best one I had during the whole week! The waiter was a very hard working man, I don't know his name but he was always there no matter what time of day we went.

1  Thank B4vvy
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was a good loking bar/restaurant from the street and this impression was helped by the fact they did not have someone touting to get you through the doors. However, we failed to spot the warning signs when we took a table: The extremely obese tattood woman who needed a chimney grafted to her neck to remove the smoke - as soon as one fag was finished, another was lit up: She must have smoked at least 20 while we had our meal. This in itself spoilt the atmosphere of the bar.

Anyay, on to the food. We opted for the Portuguese style steak. This is supposed to be a steak [cooked medium], with cured ham on top, and a creamy sauce. Sadly, it was a piece of shoe leather cooked to the point of jaw-breaking solidity with a large puddle of what tasted like Bisto gravy granules. This was the worst meal of our entire holiday - Not a restaurnt we would recommend to anyone...

1  Thank UMPath