“Great family holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Praia da Ouro

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Albufeira
Club Praia da Ouro
Ranked #91 of 163 Hotels in Albufeira
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Great family holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just back from a week at The CPO with my husband and 2yr old daughter and there is very little I can fault about it. The location is fantastic and hotel staff very accommodating. We went with another family of 3 and when we checked in the rooms we had been given were not next to each other. We asked if this could be rectified and ended up with 2 great rooms with a fantastic seaview and balconies which were perfectly safe for young children. We had booked a self catering holiday but when we arrived we upgraded to half board, the food was excellent at both breakfast and dinner and a wide variety served at both meal times. We didn't need to pay for our daughter who certainly ate her fair share, this made the food excellent value for money. The grounds and pools were superbly maintained and very clean. My only complaints would be that the bathrooms are in need of modernisation and the apartments would benefit from air conditioning. We had a really great time and would return to CPO without hesitation.

Room Tip: We stayed in 420 which had a great sea view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Duncan R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

Came back on 12th May after having been there in January cos I enjoyed the place so much...fabulous facilities and accommodation...how disappointed was I to be in the middle of a buillding site....constant banging, drilling and we were even woken up from an afternoon nap thinking that the builder was coming through the batyhroom wall....there was very poor entertainment in the evening and no internet cafe....reception area was far too small to accommodate the amount of guests...there was no communication that this working would be going on despite constant phone calls from the company we were travelling with....very poor and very, very disappointing...day before leaving we were subjected to drunken louts around the pool

Room Tip: rooms away from pool area are quiet....studio apartments are tiny
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank williekaty

Travelers are raving about these Albufeira hotels

Girvan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

stayed cpo from 20th/23rd of april 2012 room 757 seaview spotless clean apartment bit small but being picky free bottle of wine in apartment wash up liquid cleaning products fresh towels tried restaurant excellent food reasonable price all staff very helpfull well worth a visit as was also reasonable price to stay would stay there again

Room Tip: walk to old town taxi back as hill is a killer if going to strip expect overpriced drinks sea view a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stuart k
Cheshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed here just for one night before I moved to the Oura Praia for a week and how bald I was it wasn't longer. I had a studio overlooking the pool which in itself was quite nice. It was very clean and looked as if it had just been done up. Very attractive when I walked in but lucky I was on my own as the bed was a couch against the wall with a cover and cushions to use as a seat. It didn't have a headboard on so the pillows which were in the cupboard fell of during the night and it was rock hard. The second bed was a pull out thing from underneath but there would have hardly been room for it really. If my husband had been with me he would have refused to stay in that room
I didn't like the fact that the room opened from a central walkway and although it had a small balcony there was no privacy as people were walking past to get to and from their rooms. I was awakened at 3am by a lot of very loud shouting which went on for about an hour. In the end I had to get up and call reception to complain. They did send someone and I know it's not their fault but I just mention it because it went on for so long. It was really bad, shocking language and a large grout just shouting to each other across the complex. Part of the problem is the hotel is that big and spread out the reception was nowhere near where I was. That was also not good, the reception was a temporary one way up the hill as they are doing renovation work. It was a long way from the room. They did put in a complimentary bottle or red wine as an apology which was nice.
Parking is always a problem here as they don't have a car park and it's just on road parking if you can find a place. I would imagine in the summer it' would be a bit of a nightmare
Quite a good position in that it's within easy walking distance to a really nice beach and most rooms have a decent view
I have stayed here before in a very nice 2 bed apartment so I would stay here again but I would specifically ask not to have a studio overlooking the pool

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Curlylocks47
malaga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Dates: 31.03.2012 – 07.04.2012 Apartment 1121

We arrived at CPO after being told that all works would be finished by 31st March 2012. What a joke that was, the whole pool area and reception were a mess; the temporary reception was minute and overcrowded. The staff were helpful although not much information was given apart from a small map showing us roughly where our apartment was. I was also horrified in this day and age that a full photocopy of my credit card was taken along with the cvc number; surely an electronic preauthorisation would be a lot safer? We were told that our room would be ready at 5pm and finally after waiting for over an hour we got in just after 6pm. The room itself was clean although difficult to find due to lack of signage, but we had only been left 3 hand towels and nothing else. The sheets on the bed didn’t even reach the edge of the bed, and the duvet that was left had no cover to it at all.

The small amount of information on the map given was wrong, we were told that Jacs restaurant had menu del dia at 6.50 Euros all day, but when you went to the restaurant after 6pm the price had gone by nearly 50%, and only available on nights they didn’t have special evenings on.

The signage around the complex was almost nonexistent.

We were told that there was free WIFI in the reception area, but it was constantly going off and we were told it was because of the building work.

The telephone in our room didn’t work and then 3 days later when they said it was fixed, it woke us up after 1130pm continuously ringing with no one on the other end, when I informed reception I was told they knew about the problem, our other problem with the room was the bedroom light switch which kept falling off the wall and with a 2 year old with us was not very safe and again took the staff 3 days to fix.

On Wednesday 4th April, we had to put up with over 6 hours of water pouring down from the top floors, making everywhere very slippery and the water was pouring down the stairs making them totally unsafe to use. When told, reception just put it down to the building work like everything else.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank excsat
cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed 8th to 13th April, some work still going on around the grassed areas around the pool, new kids pool adjacent nearly finished, should be great when complete. The main club room and piano bar is closed due to refurbishment but the restaurant above at pool level is open and there is nightly entertainment there. No noisy work going on that would disturb you. It's still a great place for a break and the location right on the beach takes some beating, not far from the strip if you want things a bit more lively. A few reasonable eating places just at the top of the hill by the Oura Hotel, are Neto, Paulos and the hotels Italian offer good food and good value. Tourist menu including a drink varies between 10 to 15 Euros. Also a new restaurant on the way to the strip called Invicticus is good, meal followed by a fun quiz on Wed. nights.
Due to the re-furb, the reception is located next to the site super market at present, staff there were very helpfull when our arranged transfer back to the Airport failed to turn up on time.
Overall CPO is still a great place to take a break and good value, cost of an appartment is really reasonable considering all the facilities available, will definately go back later in the year.

Room Tip: Block 'F' is directly overlooking the beach/sea which is good but I think the block overlook...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

we liked this place very much and we will return this hotel and also will use the same airport transfer company because they are very realable and punctual drivers. they also led us to Zoomarine a lovely fun day and we went to the slide & splash all this places was recommended by our airport transfer company: www.AlgarveTaxiTransfers4U.com because they also provide samll taxi trips. they are very good staff and 24hours call available.

Room Tip: when we get to the airport Algarve Taxi Transfers 4U driver was waiting for us and they drive us sa...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family