“Family Restaurant”

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family Restaurant”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Excellent meals, with superb service from Eduardo and his family. The quality is first class with typical Portugues atmosphere. The sweets are to die for. Will return here on our next visit to Albufeira.

• Polish first
“Excellent value”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We ate here a couple of nights ago based on the existing reviews on TA. We were not disappointed! The hospitality, quality of food and value for money was excellent. We were handed a menu which looked quite reasonable price wise. We were then told about the 'Tourist Menu' which is what we opted for. We both had prawn cocktail to start with and my wife had grilled fillets of salmon and sea bream, and I had the lamb shank. Both dishes were excellent served with vegetables. But here's the amazing thing, including drinks (I had a large beer, my wife had a fresh orange juice) the bill came to €25 !! This restaurant is very modest in its situation and decor but a real gem serving excellent, reasonably priced food. Very understated!

Visited June 2013
Carlisle
“Great value and service with lovely local food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Had walked past this restaurant previously but not been tempted in because it doesn't look much from the outside, however we decided to give it a try following the reviews seen on TA. We weren’t disappointed and subsequently returned again another evening during our stay.
Both the owner, Eduardo, and his son, made us feel very welcome and were helpful with food suggestions. The food was all fresh, cooked to order and well presented, my husband opting to go for the tourist menu which was great value and very filling. I went for the garlic prawns for starter and was drawn to their Chicken Piri Piri which was served with a lovely side salad and home made chips - so much so, I had it all again on our next visit!!
Its on our list of favorite restaurants in Albufeira now and look forward to eating there again on our next visit

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Eduardos doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is exellent a d Eduardo is a lovely host. It is my first stop each time I visit Albufeira and I have never been disappointed. They even allowed my nephew to have a pizza from the Italian opposite as he had his heart set on pizza.

I have the fish mixed grill every time and my friend always has chicken breast with mushroom sauce. Gratin potatoes are fantastic!

Would thoroughly reccommend!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good value and a friendly welcome”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Came here on tripadvisor reports as it was a short stroll from our hotel.
The portions are large so make sure you have an appetite before you come.
I had the lamb shank and my wife the pork kebab in peanut sauce. My wife can be quite fussy but it was one her favourites this time.
The setting is not great although it is away from the main road noise and fumes.
Main selling points I would say are the value and quality of the basic food.

• Visited June 2013