“Gorgeous”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Eduardos doesn't look like much from the outside but the food is exellent a d Eduardo is a lovely host. It is my first stop each time I visit Albufeira and I have never been disappointed. They even allowed my nephew to have a pizza from the Italian opposite as he had his heart set on pizza.

I have the fish mixed grill every time and my friend always has chicken breast with mushroom sauce. Gratin potatoes are fantastic!

Would thoroughly reccommend!

• Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good value and a friendly welcome”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Came here on tripadvisor reports as it was a short stroll from our hotel.
The portions are large so make sure you have an appetite before you come.
I had the lamb shank and my wife the pork kebab in peanut sauce. My wife can be quite fussy but it was one her favourites this time.
The setting is not great although it is away from the main road noise and fumes.
Main selling points I would say are the value and quality of the basic food.

• Visited June 2013
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, Great Service”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We are regular visitors to Eduardo’s, and have been many times over the last few years. The nice thing about Eduardo's is that he doesn't tout for business, like many other bar and restaurants in the area and lets the business come to him. The restaurant is tucked back off the main road and could be easily missed. The advantage of the restaurant being tucked away is that it's much safer if your little ones wish to run around, as there is a nice grass area in front of the restaurant.
We always find Eduardo accommodating and serves gorgeous food, he will often remember you, and will try his hand a one or two words in Welsh. As we had our to small boys with us Eduardo was more than accommodating in serving the boys food first. Whist the boys ate their food, we were served some couvert of tuna pate, which is bit of a custom in Portugal, followed by one of our favourites pork kebab with peanut sauce, this was served with a choice of chips, boiled potato or potato gratin. The rest of the family ordered braised beef and mixed gilled fish, all cooked to perfection and every mouth full was a taste sensation. For desert we ordered, Algarvian delight (a cake containing figs, almonds and carob), which is just heavenly and chocolate mousse. For the boys they put together some nice ice cream.
The meal was flawless and was exquisite, as always and is a must do if you come to this part of Portugal. The meal for 6 with drinks came to around €60 euros which is excellent value for money. I cannot rate this place enough highly enough, the food and family run service are excellent and highly recommend you try this restaurant on your next visit to Albufeira.

Marton, Middlesbrough
“Gorgeous food!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Can't believe we found this restaurant on our last night which is typical.They were really nice and friendly people and the food was delicious I had the swordfish and salmon and hubby had the lamb shank and they were both lovely. This is a must you should try this restaurant! To be honest we didn't find a nice place to eat and all the fuss about piri piri chicken I wasn't impressed!!

Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a lovely night out”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Eduardo was a friendly, helpful host with a relaxed sense of humour and the bistro was very convenient for the Albufeira Sol Hotel. We had some exceptional fish soup and the swordfish was the best we have tasted.The generous portion of sauteed potato -flavoured with nutmeg- was delicious.The coffee also was memorable.The meal,the wine and the coffee and brandy were all reasonably priced and very good value and we would certainly recommend it.

• Visited April 2013