“Good grub”

Ranked #7 of 871 Restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Once again we went back to the cockerel my husband actually booked before we flew to portugal to guarentee we got a table. Food and staff are amazing. Cant wait for nxt year. Good food at reasonable prices and ample portions. If you cant eat a full desert have one and get 2 spoons and share .

1  Thank Pauline B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We visited this place purely because of the reviews on trip advisor and actually went out of our way to find it which was actually really easy.
We knew from reviews it wouldn't be easy to get in so went along on a Tuesday and as 8 of us managed to get in on the Saturday - (phew) when we were there people were asking to book again and there was a 4 day wait so book before you go or on first day.
Meals were cheap at £13.95 for 2 for most of the menu and they do not scrimp on quality or quantity. All 8 said this was the best food they had all holiday. If you want British cuisine there is no other place to go, all home-made.
Staff were friendly especially the lady from London.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

great food,great price,superb service!But be warned,you must book well in advance,try the ribs,mmmm,off the strip but well worth the search.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Me and my husband visited here 4 yrs ago and loved it so we went the first night we arrived and then the last night before we left! The food is amazing! First night I had chicken breast in tangy BBQ sauce with home made chips and a gorgeous side salad, hubby had the same but with piri piri sauce, he said its the best he's tasted! The 2nd time I had deep fried prawns with chips peas and side salad and it was lush! Summer menu was 2 meals for 13.95 which was ace!!!!!! We will miss this wee gem but we will be back!! You must visit!!! :-)) x

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Normally I like to eat local food when abroad, however with this restaurant getting such good reviews we thought we would try it, and are very glad we did. I had the steak pie which is to die for, my wife had the lamb shank and my daughter the gammon steak , all three were superb and probably better than I have had in the UK. Service was quick, the prices very reasonable and there was a very friendly atmosphere as the restaurant unsurprisingly was full of Brits and Irish customers, but it made for a great evening out, we will return without a doubt.