“Best views”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ate here on our Anniversary. The restaurant has the best views of the beach in Albufeira. It's a bit of a walk from the main square but is away from the hustle and bustle. The decor is average and the service is ok but the food is nice. €29 between 2 for a main course each and a drink.

There are newer reviews for O Penedo

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We spent a beautiful evening dining in this resaurant, sitting on the terrace with a spectacular view of the sea. The staff were very helpful and efficient without being obtrusive. The food itself was of an excellent standard and was good value for money. We will definitely go again on our next visit.

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We have visited albufeira before and always go back to O Penedo more than twice during our stay. The food is fresh and homemade, the staff are welcoming and smiling and the setting is lovely overlooking the sea. My husband recommends the chicken piri piri and my favourites are codfish gratin and algarve tuna steak. Thank you to all at O Penedo for the great food and service :)

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was my fourth trip to Albufeira and I always make sure I go to O Penedo at least once as it's the best restaurant in town (in my opinion!) Love the terrace area as you get such an amazing view of the beach while you eat. The food is always so good - this time we went to O Penedo twice and I'd highly recommend the veterian lasagne or the monkfish kebab - both were amazing! Will definitely return again in the future...

1  Thank Kirsten D
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Loved the location. Table on the cliff top, outside, looking out over the beach and sea. Stunning for sunset. Option to eat indoors if it is windy. Wine was tasty although I wasnt too sure what I ordered since my grasp of the language was poor and the waiter could only tell me whether an option was dry or not. Grilled whole fish was perfect. Steak and sauce were excellent too. I wasnt particularly keen on the number of stray cats roaming around; my other half quite liked it though. We couldnt finish our courses and the lucky cats had a feast of fish and steak which we took out to feed to them! Service was okay - not overly attentive but not absent either; there when you needed it.