“Unfriendly and expensive”

Ranked #185 of 863 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the website of Restaurant A Ruina, located in Albufeira, in the charismatic Praia dos Pescadores. To meet us is like tasting the best in the Typical Algarvian Gastronomy. • Using the wall structure from the Tower wich defended Sant'Ana's Door, the restaurant A Ruina is open since 1971 - with Joao and Salome Lazaro: the art of good hospitality, always - associated with the development of Albufeira. With four interior rooms, being one of them an ancient well room, in the Summer you can enjoy the terrace and the esplanada at the beach.
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

More bothered by the football match on TV, the waiter refused us the possibility to have a drink and than decide if we where going to eat... Which we most probably would have. The prices are very high but I suppose you have to pay for the view, best feature of the establishment... A pity the place was nice...

2  Thank Stephane B

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I thought we'd give this restaurant a go just purely on location although we had not seen the menu. They weren't overly busy when we got there so we were shown upstairs and sat down on a table with a great view. We ordered some sangria as this was our drink of choice in restaurants on this week. Once the drink was ordered we were invited to go and talk to the chef about what meal you like. There was an excellent choice of fresh fish on the counter to choose from and we decide to try the Turbot. When served the Turbot was on a plate on the side and we had fresh vegetables on our plates. The fish was simply cooked but absolutely delicious.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Over the last thirty years Albufeira has changed from a fishing village to a renown beach town in Algarve. Fortunately the Ruina, the most recommended by us restaurant in Albufeira has not changed. Its location is prime, hanging over the beach. Service is always accommodating and choice of sea food best in the area. I love the choquinhos fritos, my wife enjoys salmon and always fresh lettuce. These are just examples, you may be sure you will always find something you like. The prices are a little higher than surrounding establishments but, be assure, always reasonable and worth the value.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Me and Husband went to this restaurant last year 2012 and we loved it - took our daughter this year on our last night we took her for her 30th birthday and it was really disappointing don't know if they have changed hands. Hardly any food left only fish which was fine for my husband but not for me and my daughter. Like other reviews didn't tell you the prices. Waiter placed a basket of bread on the table which we thought would automatically come with the meal it had done all week in the other restaurants then he said at the end well you ate it you pay for it?? My husbands meal was awful he had sea bass but he had one stalk of broccoli a few carrots and 1& half new potatoes they looked like they had come off someone elses plate! Also the waiter was so rude. Such a shame as were looking forward to it. I will be reluctant on going there on future holidays.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Although this is a seafood restaurant... we had the fillet mignon steak and it was undeniably the best steak I have ever had. The place is a little pricey but completely worth it.