“Grill fish experience”

Ranked #208 of 838 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the website of Restaurant A Ruina, located in Albufeira, in the charismatic Praia dos Pescadores. To meet us is like tasting the best in the Typical Algarvian Gastronomy. • Using the wall structure from the Tower wich defended Sant'Ana's Door, the restaurant A Ruina is open since 1971 - with Joao and Salome Lazaro: the art of good hospitality, always - associated with the development of Albufeira. With four interior rooms, being one of them an ancient well room, in the Summer you can enjoy the terrace and the esplanada at the beach.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location was excellent, rather very expensive. The service and quality of fish is next to none. I would recommend this place if cost is not an option

There are newer reviews for A Ruina

Reviewed March 30, 2013

This restaurant is in a superb location in the old walls of Albufeira overlooking Fisherman's Beach.

It was a cold and wet evening, out of season and there was only us four and another couple in the restaurant.

I should have realised that taking my companions to a fish restaurant was a bad idea. They don't much like fish (unless it's battered and deep fried with chips) at the best of times. Confronting them with a chiller cabinet full of recently deceased finny things complete with heads and tails wasn't likely to turn out well.

So.... i accept that much of the blame for the lack of atmosphere in the place must be put down to the weather and the wrong choice for my companions. However, my fishy meal of sardines followed by golden bream was very ordinary.

The sardines were dry, not the succulent oily delights I was expecting and the bream was just dull.

Then came the bill, and that was bit of a shock too. More than a 100 euros for a simple main course each with a bottle of wine, might have been alright if the meal and the service was good but everything about the place was indifferent.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We chose this restaurant from reviews on Tripadvisor. Cold plates, cold food and inedible lamb cutlets. There were only 10 covers in the restaurant on the evening we attended and they could not serve a hot meal. Undercooked boiled potatoes were delivered instead of the requested saute and my wife's lamb cutlets were so overcooked they were unchewable.The french fries which accompanied them were tasteless. I have given 2 stars only because my sea bass was very good and they refrained from charging for my wife's meal, otherwise it might have been worse.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

booked a rooftop table overlooking the old town and beach for romantic meal with my girlfriend and was worth every penny. the fish selection was stunning and all carefully gone through with us by the chef who then cooked it to our liking in traditional stone oven, and the view was beautiful.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just walking through Albufeira - a couple of years ago - we find this restaurant, right on the beach and fish... Without knowing anything about the restaurant we climbed upt to the roof terrace and had a fantastic meal - rather expensive - but we enjoyed it!