We stayed here for 2 weeks beginning on the 25 of July (2 adults and 2 teenage kids).
From the outside on arrival the place looks lovely and in a great location with nice gardens. Once inside we were not disappointed either. It is modern and extremely clean.
Our room was on the 1st floor (108). After making our way to the room (no offer of help with bags, or to be taken their) we were again pleasantly surprised by the size of the it. The rooms are large and well laid out.
The bad things about the rooms were -
1. The beds, we all found uncomfortable.
2. We went Self Catering and had planned on making good use of the Kitchen, however the Kitchen consists of a Hob (No Oven or Grill), a small Microwave, a Fridge, a Hob heated Kettle!!, one small Pot and one small Frying Pan with some utensils.
This was really disappointing as trying to cook for 4 grown people was going to difficult!!
So we didn't even try.
The swimming pool was a decent size, not very deep but nice and clean. The Sun Loungers are as you have to expect wherever you go on holiday! If your not up and down early with your towels then forget it.
You get the sun all day, but you do have to move your loungers a bit to stay with it. The staff didn't seem to mind at all when you put the Loungers up on the grass, which was great. The pool side bar was good and the young girl who served at it most of the time was quite shy but very nice.
I wouldn't recommend drinking inside the Hotel at all. We did on one occasion and it was awful. The Lager was off, glasses not clean, too expensive and no atmosphere what so ever. It wasn't made better by the staff - ever!! They never had any-time for anyone it seemed, and didn't really make you feel welcome or get to know you, which was a real shame. The only 2 that were okay was the young girl at the pool bar and the fella that does the reception who was welcoming and informative. Everyone else just looked straight through you.
The cleaners were spot on, and came in every day to clean, make the beds and give you fresh towels if needed.
We were a bit worried about a nightclub being almost directly across the road from the Hotel (Kiss) but needn't have been as we very rarely heard anything from it during the night.
There is small grocers shop just two minutes up the road which is cheap enough for your water or a wee carry-out :) two minutes down the road there is a great wee pizza place for take away. Don't be put off by the Neon Sign outside for the Strippers Club!!
The main Strip is only a 10 minute walk away and is full of Restaurants, Bars and Clubs. It gets very busy and noisy after 10pm - Lots of party animals :)
The Old Town if you walk is about 30 mins or a Taxi is usually 4-5 Euros. It's really nice in the Old Town, but very busy. The shops and stalls are better here than in the Strip, but they are also a bit more expensive, I thought.
I would recommend staying here for the location and peacefulness - If you like to have some entertainment where your staying, then this wouldn't be for you!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Areias Village Hotel Apartamento reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Areias Village Hotel-Apartamento Hotel Albufeira
- Areias Village Hotel Apartamento Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve