“Frequent Visitor for excellent food”

The Cottage Restaurant
Ranked #97 of 838 Restaurants in Albufeira
Cuisines: Central European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: Open all day, everyday, serving breakfasts, snacks, drinks, lunches, teas and dinners. Large sunny terraces. WiFi, book library, Sky news. Established in 1998
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We usually visit Albufeira twice a year and try to always include at least one visit per holiday here for breakfast. The food is always excellent, reasonably priced and the staff always very friendly. I have never eaten here for anything but brekkies but the menu sounds very yummy for evening meals and will defintely try sometime soon.

There are newer reviews for The Cottage Restaurant

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Just came back from Albufeira yesturday (sadly) for the second time, and visited The Cottage once again. This is such a good resturant to go to, so cheap, and the food is great, the specials are especially spectacular. I certainly recommend the breakfast for 2 euro 90! Very filling and it was worth a trek from my hotel! Beautiful, the staff are so friendly, even when my fiance leaned back on his chair and snapped it! I honestly recommend anyone there to give it a visit and I wish I could have this resturant at home!

TheCottage, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2011

Ooops!

Heard about the chair incident!
Think we need to change brands next year as the sun seems to killed the green chairs.
Glad you enjoyed your hols and 2nd visit to us and
hope to catch you next time around.

Regards

The Cottage

Reviewed October 4, 2011

During my stay in Portugal, I've been to the Cottage a couple of times. I always found the food to be very favourable and it never cost me very much. The staff were nice, if a little tightly-wound, but this was probably due to the restaurant being busy most of the time I was in there. It says something about the place when you see most of the other restaurants empty and the Cottage has customers lining up outside.

Also, they always have a different 'special' every night, which is what I went for most of the time, unless they'd sold out! The roast pork and chili con carne were particular favourites of mine.

They also have free Internet access which is always a bonus. Nice breakfast in the morning too. I would definitely recommend a visit to the Cottage. But here's a word of warning: Don't annoy the waitresses when they're busy......

1  Thank PaulMadel
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The Cottage is at the top end of the 'Strip'. It has been owned by an English couple for 14 years. The menu has a good choice of food at reasonable prices. The food was excellent, great value for money. The staff were very friendly and polite. They are moving further down the 'Strip' in October but it is well worth a visit.

1  Thank Cilla0804
TheCottage, Owner at The Cottage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Thanks for the review.

Just need to point out we are not moving in October. The Cottage is for sale or rent and we are nearing completion on buying a new restaurant. Full details will be posted on our website.
Until then, we are open right thru to the New Year, including Christmas day.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We visited the cottage for an evening meal and were impressed so went back for breakfast the following day. Nice food with decent prices. Staff friendly but always looked stressed as one waitress always on her own.
Would recommend. Great with kids.