“Awful, avoid”

Cuisines: Portuguese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only good thing about this restaurant is the single body popping waiter who greets you. The service was terrible. For a steakhouse, one of the most important food items is steak, I and my friend ordered rare and medium, we got served medium instead of rare and well done instead of medium. Not once were we asked how our food was and compared to other restaurants in the area it was expensive. Save yourself the bother and euros and go next door to Bravo.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

So many restaurants in The Old Town to chose from but we decided to try Pampas as it was right in the centre and we could people watch as we had our dinner. My husband had a typical local dish which was a cod pie which he said was delicious and I had the mushroom stroganoff which was also delicious the portions was really good and the place was really busy, the staff where friendly and attentive and they have this mist spray coming from the ceiling which was strange when we first sat down but was really cooling as it was still very warm I would recommend this friendly restaurant for the reasonable prices and tasty food

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went to Pampas for the first time as some of us wanted to have a good steak on the last night of our holiday. To start off the staff were very downbeat and seemed to not be that grateful of our presence. My friends boyfriend and mine both ordered steak, one of which was asked to be prepared 'blue' and the other 'medium'. When they eventually arrived the 'blue' steak was medium and the medium was well done verging on cremated, being a steakhouse none of us were impressed. I had chosen to have spaghetti bolognaise and my friend the chicken piri piri. My meal was extremely salty and tasted like it had come from a can, whilst my friends 4 pieces of chicken were so bland we wondered if there was any piri piri seasoning on it at all. We waited for the staff to come over and ask how our meal was but no one even came near our table. We were all so hungry in the end we decided to just eat quickly so we could leave. When it came to paying the bill (98 euros) the waiter just delivered the bill and then took the money within seconds - again leaving us no time to express our disappointment. Overall, rubbish service and poor quality food.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

A few friends and I visited this restaurant as it seemed very busy! Firstly we waited for ages to be served drinks by some of the most miserable staff I have ever seen in my life! My friend ordered Spaghetti Bolognese and it tasted like it was from a tin, not what you would expect from a restaurant! 2 other members from the party ordered steak and being a steak restaurant you would expect these to be good- well the fillet steak didn't seem to be fillet and steak that was asked to be blue came out medium, and the medium one came out absolutely crucified!! The piri piri chicken was also a disappointment and didn't taste of anything... A few members of the team felt ill after this meal and seeing the kitchen staff handling raw meat and then touching other things in the kitchen was disgusting!!

I would not recommend this restaurant at all, unless you want to have a meal to remember for all of the wrong reasons!!!!

1  Thank hannahanddavid
Reviewed July 10, 2013

First night on holiday. Picked this place purely because it was by far the busiest place in the Old Town.

Clearly that was down to the personality of the waiter outside as the food wasn't great.

Not bad but so many better places to go in Albufeira.