“Terrible lunch”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Had lasagne here at lunch time, waited probably 45 mins for our meal. The lasagne is like those frozen ones you buy, very fine not even sure is it mince. Expected chips and salad because of the price, just presumed but no! 10 mins after began to feel ill and weak and thought would have to go back to hotel but luckily it passed. My husband had chicken, he said it wasn't really nice and appeared rubbery looking to me. Was really disappointed as had read excellent reviews and planned to have evening meal here one evening but couldn't after the lunch experience!

Albert K, Gerente de relações públicas at Cabana Fresca Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our restaurant.
We are sorry for the wait but we can guarantee you that our food is very fresh.
Enjoy your holidays in Algarve,

Sandrine, PR

Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My favourite place to eat, not just because I know all the Staff and the wonderful welcome I always get from everyone, but the quality of the Food is just amazing, consistently good. I go here as soon as I get to Albufeira and the prices are very good also. Try it you wont be dissapointed

1  Thank elizabetta_11
Albert K, Gerente de relações públicas at Cabana Fresca Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Hello,

Thank you very much for visiting us every time you come to Albufeira!
See you very soon,

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We went into this restaurant as my Husband wanted Piri-piri chicken and they had it advertised outside on a specials board. After we were seated we were given the full menu, but couldn't see piri-piri and when I asked the member of staff huffed and said they would have have to ask the manager if the specials were still available? She said that we couldn't use a 10% discount card as the meals were of lower value (which wasn't a problem). Luckily we ordered garlic bread to start as when the mains arrived, they were very small portions, infact smaller than my Daughter's kids meal! The chicken was very tasty though, however not presented like any of the other reviewers pics on here! We all ordered a dessert and these were nicely presented with a sparkler, which was a nice touch. The overall meal was tasty, so didn't regret our choice!

Hello,

Thank you for your comment.
Sorry if there was a lack of information about the discount and the Set Menus. The discount of 10% is only on the Main Menu.
We have another restaurant calmer and more romantic if you want to try, this is Flavours and it is also located in front of the beach. You will love the sea view you will benefit from our upstairs balcony!
Have a nice day and hope to see you soon,

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I booked here while in the UK for mine and my partners holiday. I was planning quite a lot and over the phone cabana fresca we nothing but fantastic. I believe it was Sandrine I spoke to. She arranged all the flowers for the evening, a set menu, champagne on arrival and a beautiful table setting with rose petals.

We arrived a bit early as we went around the local area for a walk but most places are closed in January. They were more than happy to sit us early.

The waiters knew what was planned and when it came to proposing they brought out the most beautiful flowers which they chose based on my specification of colours and certain flowers. I couldn't of been more pleased. She said yes (of course!) And when it came to desert they had arranged a special platter with lots of mini desserts and a giant choux swan.

This place is a credit to albuferia and the staff are a credit to cabana. Thank you so much for a memorable day.

2  Thank thebristlyhog

Hello,

Thanks for your message and for the compliments you made about the service!
On the phone, you did not speak with me but we perhaps spoke by mail. However, this is a very nice comment! Thank you very much from the whole team of Cabana Fresca and congratulations!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with my girlfriend. The view of the beach was spectacular, the food was so good the first time we had to order the same again when we returned another night and the service was brilliant. We didn't feel rushed as others suggested and would definitely return to Albufeira for this restaurant alone!

Thanks a lot!
This is a nice comment. Next time, you can also try our second restaurant in front of Fisherman's beach (Flavours), which has the nicest sea view and some amazing desserts.
Have a nice day,