“Great food and service”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My friends and I came to this resturant half way through our holiday and it was one of the nicest places we ate at all week. We were a group of six girls and the waiters were very quick to get us a table even though it was extremely busy. I could not complain about the service at all as every one of the members of staff were very polite and attentive. The only down side to the resturant was that it is very compact and there is not much space to move around. myself and 3 of my friends had the Algarvian chicken dish and it was lovely, everyone of us enjoyed it and there was more than enough for all of us to have second helpings. I then shared the chocolate profiter roll for dessert and it was amazing! It is very large though so I would reccomend sharing if you get it. Great food and reasonably priced I would certainly reccomend going here if you are in the old town.

• Visited August 2013
Albert K, Gerente de relações públicas at Cabana Fresca Restaurant, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for your recommendation!
Next time, you can try our second restaurant in front of Fisherman's beach (Flavours), we have a beautiful upstairs balcony from which you can enjoy the best view on Fisherman's beach!

Many thanks,

• Polish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was good service very poor and rude!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited for a snack at lunch time as it was quite full and the prices were reasonable. We sat down and ordered. The food eventually turned up and was good. Whilst we were eating a large party turned up and the staff could not seat them all. They tried to move us before we had finished. We said no and the staff showed a real attitude towards us. I would not visit again because of this alone! Only interested in the tips they are to get from a large party. Shame, Avoid!!!

Hello,

Thanks for giving us your opinion. We try to improve our service everyday.

Have a nice day,

Yorkshire
“Good food, shame about the service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We have eaten here on our last 3 holidays to Albufeira. On this occasion, we were very quickly seated & our order for drinks & meal were promptly taken. Our couvert arrived, but no drinks. We ate the couvert when my drink arrived, only a beer. Partly way through the starter, the main meal arrived, still no drink for my wife. At this point I ordered a drink again, no joy. I had to get the attention of one of the many guys racing around getting you to sit in the first place. He sorted the drinks.
This was a shame & spoiled, what was a very nice meal. Every thing was rushed. As I stated, the meal was as good as usual, but there seemed to be more emphasis on getting people in & out as quickly as possible.

Hello,

Thanks for your opinion. Sorry if you have been waiting, August is the real rush.
Hope you enjoy your holidays in Albufeira.

Dublin, Ireland
“Love that Steak!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The steak here is simply fantastic. If you are going here I would highly recommend going directly for the steak bypassing all other mains! When I first went here it was about 8 years ago at this stage and they did the steak with some asparagus parcels – I still wish they would bring them back as the veg since then hasn’t been as good. I go here almost every year and I just love the steak! The restaurant itself can be too overcrowded however but the food is beautiful and well worth going to. If you get a nice seat outside it can be very atmospheric! Also, one year we happened to be there when the wireworks were on down at the beach – I think they have them on Friday nights during holiday season so that is worth checking out too.
Highly recommend this restaurant and the steak in particular. You may have to wait for your table or you could get lucky but my advice is to just relax and enjoy the surrounds and some great food!

• Visited October 2012
cabana_fresca, Gerente de relações públicas at Cabana Fresca Restaurant, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello,

Thanks a lot for this nice comment about our restaurant!
So, if you are near Albufeira today, you can join us because the fireworks are tonight at midnight for the City Day!

You can join us on Facebook (Cabana Fresca) to have more informations about the events in Albufeira.

Thanks again and enjoy your vacations!

Newark, New Jersey
“Delicious but overcrowded”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This restaurant was very delicious. We ate here after reading reviews on TripAdvisor and the food did not disappoint.

We had the Cataplana de Marisco which was fresh and delicious. We also had dessert which they made us feel special with sparklers and beautifully decorated plates.

The cons: VERY crowded. The tables were very close together (I´m talking less than 3 inches apart from one another) which made our "romantic dinner" a little uncomfortable with the whiny kids next to us. Also, we had to wait about 25 mins to be seated and while this restaurant is beachfront do not expect to have a view of the beach while your seated at one of their 100 tables.

I would recommend if you do not mind the above cons.

• Visited September 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

Have a nice stay in Portugal,