Victoria Sport & Beach Hotel
Falesia Hotel(Albufeira)
  • Breakfast included
Vale de Carros(Albufeira)
  • Pool
All reviewsrunning tracksports facilitiesquiet areabeautiful falesia beachpraia da falesiaone bedroom apartmentnice hotelwalking distancethe sofa bedafter reading some reviewsminute walkfootball pitchroom was cleaned dailykids clubgames roomcleaning staffchildren's pool
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Yes the stella maris has closed down. I booked to stay there from the 29 september to 6 october, i had a phone call on the 28 september from the hotel saying the hotel was closeing on 1 october. They offered me alternative accomadation but after some heated talks between them and epedia, whom i booked with and did not even let me know the hotel was closeing, i cancelled and managed to get a room in the falesia hotel which is nearby. On the 1 october my wife and i went for a walk to falesia beach and decieded to see if the stella maris was closed, and yes it was.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

In september 2013 we stayed in the Stella Maris for 12 days. It is a large hotel with 150 rooms, about 15 minutes walking from the beach. We asked for a quiet room and though there seemed to be some troubles, it could be arranged. Perfect!
The staff was very helpfully with maps and other information of the environment.
The apartment was spacious, with all the necessities you need. Everyday it was well cleaned.
Breakfast is served in the same place as dinner and there was always room enough in the morning.
By the way: Praia da Falesia is just a small village with only a few activities. The beach is the most important issue. There is a possibility to rent a car is you would like to see more.
Because our flight was early in the morning, the hotel offered a packet breakfast.
Stella Maris is a good choice.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

These apartments hotel are absolutely brilliant. Very clean, the ladies would come every day to make the beds clean bathroom, very modern kitchen and utensils. Great balcony and three pools all very clean.
Lovely bar and onderful staff.
The beach is fab and just 3 min walk. The area has a few bars and restaurants, might be a bit quite for young people but absolutely perfect for families with small children, there is a running track, tennis courts and cross country track all around it. 5 star to this fab aparthotel

Room Tip: Good for families, rent a car, very easy driving around no traffic
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 435Laura
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a different kind of place to where I normally stay, but this was a different holiday for me. I traveled with my niece for a 5 day break rather than my husband. I booked this a week before we traveled 20-25th Sept and I just wanted a chill time and Id set my self a budget and this was the most positively reviewed within that budget.

I booked half board and if youve read the other reviews you will see that the evening meal isnt great, we ate out 2 of the 5 nights and Ive got to say the fact that the hotel will let you change your plan for lunch is a good option as the food in the snack bar at lunch is better, by that I mean hotter and fresher. Please dont let this put you off - just take on board self catering may be better value. The room, although a studio was spacious and clean - perhaps a little tired, perhaps we were given a lesser room as we were only there for 5 days and were 2 females together?, not the best view and rather close to reception . At the time of our visit there were a lot of families with small children who, due to all the floors being tiled made it a little noisy. The tiled corridor, with bumpy tiles reverberated the noise of cases being towed along.

The resort is quiet with lovely beach and being in between Vilamoura and Albufeira gives you the options of going to either although the cost of taxis can rack up.

The staff are nice, friendly and helpful. Overall I think its good for a budget holiday and in a nice quieter area, yes a car would be a good tip. Would I stay again? yes I would in the same circumstances but I fear it may be a little crowded in the height of summer.

Room Tip: The standard of the fittings in the rooms are average but the room and balconies are spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just arrived back after a 6 night break. We wanted a quiet, peaceful getaway & got exactly that. We had a studio apartment & it was huge. Our balcony overlooked the childrens pool & got the early morning sun. Everyone was polite, helpful & friendly. The apartment was cleaned daily and towels changed regularly. The pool was peaceful & no trouble getting a sunbed - although, admittedly, it is late in the season. Towels for the pool were 10 euro each that was returned at the end of our stay. Safe was 2.50 Euro a night. Local supermarket was reasonably priced as were the restaurants. The café opposite the supermarket has lovely pastries & iced coffee. We walked along the beach to Vilamoura & it took us about 50 minutes......and rather longer back!!
Overall we had a fantastic break in a beautiful area in a lovely hotel. Would most definitely recommend it & stay there again. Didn't use the restaurant in the hotel so cant comment on it.