Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $25.20
Benagil Caves
6 Reviews
1,717 results
All reviews boat trip great trip saw dolphins speed boat wild dolphins beautiful caves pod of dolphins their natural habitat small boat jet ski dolphin watching recommend this trip an amazing experience pirate ship cave tour two hours great fun
Reviewed 1 week ago

I was so pleased I took the plunge and booked this trip for myself and my teenage son. Such a fantastic way to see the beautiful coastline and caves and to see dolphins in the wild was just amazing. This trip is a must for your holiday in the Algarve! The guides are so friendly,, knowledgeable and entertaining. It exceeded my expectations and I would love to visit again. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DreamWaveAlgarve, Owner at Dream Wave, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello Wanderer68553187242,

Reviewed 1 week ago

Awful. We booked this tour in the morning. They promised small boat so they can go more inside the caves. Lies! When the tour started they changed it to big boat. 80% of the time it was in deep sea, far far from the coast, you couldn't see anything. They showed just 2 caves, and they stayed very far from Benagil cave (almost impossible to see it). And before booking I explicetely asked if they went inside Benagil Caves. I feel I was robbed. They lied about the boat, about what you see... and more over they are more expensive than the other tours (they cost 35€, the others 25€). Absolutely avoid them, you will just waste time and money. I couldn't do again the next day, because I had the flight back home, so I missed the main reason I went to Algarve (Benagil Cave). They ruined my holiday!!!!

1  Thank Alessandro B
DreamWaveAlgarve, Owner at Dream Wave, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Alessandro B,

Thank-you for your review and your kind words.

As explained to you, due to safety reasons it was not possible to get closer to the Benagil cave on the day of your tour. Safety is and always will be our priority.

We do recommend to our Guests that this tour is done in the beginning of your stay in Portugal. The tour gives you a great idea of the area seen from sea, in our opinion the best way to observe the region. If the Benagil cave was the main reason for your visit to the Algarve, why did you leave it for last?

You did forget to mention the rare sighting of Rizzo Dolphins that delighted all that were on board.

We are sorry that you feel that we ruined your holidays.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked the Dream Wave after it was recommended by the staff at our hotel! We were picked up and dropped off at the harbour in a small taxi for just 8 euros more. The boat was very spacious and there was plenty of room to spread out at the front. Unlike the other boats, you could get up and walk around given that you weren’t strapped in for the duration of the trip. We were lucky to see the dolphins which was an amazing experience and the crew were very knowledgable as they were able to tell us everything about them. We then went on to visit the caves including Benagil, in which we went right inside on the boat. Again, we received lots of important information from the wonderful crew. Overall, it was one of the best boat trips I have been on and I would definitely reccomend it to everyone!

Hello Abbie25,

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had an amazing outing on the dreamer. Speeding out through the choppy waters was quite exhilarating. It was a great way to see the beautiful coast and we spotted Rizzo dolphins which was of course the highlight!

Hello Pn975,

Reviewed 1 week ago

We were fortunate on this occasion to see dolphins on the trip which was a bonus. The boat crew were excellent, and very knowledgeable. It's a great way to see the spectacular coast line of this area and certainly something you wouldn't get to see if you just stayed on land. Definitely recommend if you're in Albfeira!

Hello Benniccio,

Reviewed 1 week ago

We loved our Dream Wave tour. It was a clear day and five of us set out to see the famous Benagil Cave. A wonderful bonus was the fact that the captain took us almost directly to a pod of Risso Dolphins! We were within 50-70 meters and took some amazing photos of these wonderful and rare beauties.My only suggestion to improve the tour would be to allow a little more time at the Benagil Cave as it is the feature attraction and we only had a minute to snap pics and could not even get a group photo done. The water was pretty rough but the captain did a great job of keeping us on station and touring right into many amazing caves along the tour. I would highly recommend this tour.

Hello Ed_AbbyW,

Reviewed 1 week ago

wow exciting fast and fun,
we started with a small boat ride out to meet the jet ski and a safety talk and put on our life jackets.

the guide was friendly and informative.

booking this trip was easy and right on the marina.
the jet ski was very fast and surprisingly easy to get used to using the controls.
both my son and i were very impressed, thank you for such a great time.
Paul, we will be back :p)

Hello PaulR3385,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lifetime experience, we received very good service and information about dolphins in the North Atlantic Ocean and Algarve coast.

Hello KrasimiraN1,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tui’s team is lovely! I had the chance to see most of the places from inside during my holiday by bus and walk, but Dream wave by boat is the best way to see the coast of Algarve which is absolutely beautiful to me. If it’s the first time you’re visiting Portugal and you want to have a different experience, I would obviously recommend to go in spring/summer period!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DreamWaveAlgarve, Owner at Dream Wave, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Freedom791642,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked this as had seen it last year, but weren’t sure, then read the reviews and decided to do it. So glad we did! The guys that run this and talk to you are amazing, knowledgable, friendly and funny. They know where to go to see the dolphins so I think you are unlucky if don’t. They are great with the kids too and really seem like they want everyone to have a good time! Would highly recommend!

Hello Paulclare4,