We have just come back from a ten day stay at this hotel.. all i can say is that the previous advisors were spot on.
We had the view of mcdonalds but it didnt bother us that much. its not as bad as i thought it was going to be. There was a huge choice at breakfast time serving both an english and continental breakfast along with various breads fruit and yoghurts..
the hotel has sorted out the sunbed problem and will not allow people to hold sun beds with their towels... finally!!
The pastery shop next door was lovely and very reasonable... we had cake and tea each for under €4! a real suprise..
Overall we will be going back to this hotel... the tourist train goes outside the hotel and will bring you into the strip (first stop) and on to the old town and then back to hotel all for €3 a day....
A nice restaurant is the Indian restaurant on the strip-its beside a supermarket cant remember the name of it but it was the nicest meal we had there.
the anchor pub was great for all the matches that we took in while we were there but the steakhouse above it was disappointing..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve