Have just returned from an 11 night stay at this hotel, on arrival and booking in at reception, we were down as H/B when infact we were A/I this was sorted out in minutes, not the hotels fault, we had booked H/B but changed our minds and upgraded to A/I unfortunately this had not been passed onto the hotel.We were on the first floor room 172 on the corner. A lovely large room,very modern, with a comfortable bed, and exceptionally comfy pillows.The room was kept spotlessly clean every day.The food was very good, and always hot, as the chefs didn't cook vast amounts and leave it uncovered.It was always covered and this certainly made a difference.The only critisime l have with A/I is you are only allowed certain drinks, certain ice creams and if you take the water out of the fridge in your room, you have to pay for it.Which to me is not A/I but this is how it is. All the staff are good at their jobs and are very pleasant.When you arrive you are given a letter stating that you must not put towells on the sunbeds, it is a complete waste of paper and ink, as sun beds were full of towells at 8am.What they need is someone on duty so that this does not happen.The location to the old town is great a 10minute walk, but ladies do not take heels of any kind,it is small cobbled streets, which are very shiny and slipply.(B Warned). I had visions of the old town being very quaint and quiet,as never been to portugal before, I certainly got a shock, but it was a lovely shock, the old town bounces, and is a great atmosphere.We went to the strip at the other end of town,not for us im afraid, the old town beats it hands down.I would definately recommend this hotel for any age group, as for the entertainment, what can l say, for a four star it was rubbish, only saturday is a decent night, but if we go back to portugal, we would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve