My husband & I stayed for 10 days in May at this hotel & enjoyed our stay. Our room was very clean with fresh towels every day. We requested a pool view but we did not get one & our room was facing out onto the busy road, this is the only real complaint I would have about the hotel, if staying in this hotel insist on a room with a pool view as we found our room to be very noisey & if you are a light sleeper you will not enjoy your rest as buses are going from early morning outside the hotel. We loved the location of the hotel as it was just 5 min walking distance to the Old Town & about 10 -15 min walk to New Town (Strip) so we had the best of both. We found all hotel staff to be very friendly except for one waiter in the restaurant & the reception staff were very helpful & had a good sense of humour. We stayed on a B&B basis & would recommend this as there are so many delicious places to eat in Albufeira for example La Barca (Italian restaurant in Old Town), Clay Ovan (Indian restaurant on way to New Strip & a must for Indian lovers), Costa Rica (Good for fish, located in New Strip) & for cake & pastry lovers La Riveira is a must (located just right of hotel just 1 minute walk). The breakfast buffet had something to suit everyones taste & there were 3 coffee machines located in the restaurant which supplied a variety of coffees, all lovely. We dined in the restaurant on two occasions & really enjoyed both meals, we received a voucher for a free bottle of wine with our first meal & chose a local Portuguese red wine which was delicious & would recommend a visit to the restaurant, also 3 course meal was very cheap. There was an indoor pool & spa area but we did not avail of this but we did view the area & it looked ok, the outdoor pool was very clean & there were plenty of sunloungers every day to choose from, I availed of the gym on one occasion but found it to be very small & very humid, there was a small childrens play area outside with a playroom. The night time entertainment could be improved on & the games room would need to be updated, also the cost for 1 hour of pool was quite expensive. We both agreed that we would go back to this hotel again & would definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This modern luxury hotel is ideally situated in the tourist centre of Albufeira, just one road from the Fishermen (Pescadores) beach. The lively town centre, which offers a huge variety of shop, restaurants, bars and entertainment venues, are within 500 m of the hotel. Faro airport is the nearest and is approximately 35 km away. Built in 1990, this hotel was completely renovated in 2004. There is a total of 310 rooms spread over 7 floors including 73 rooms with view and 24 junior suites suitable for families. Guests are offered a stylish lobby with lifts and a 24-hour reception desk with a safe. It also has a TV and games room, a newspaper stand, a bar and an English pub, a restaurant with a non-smoking area and highchairs for small children. Business guests may book 2 meeting rooms with Wi-Fi internet connection and media devices. Additional services include a laundry service, garage as well as medical assistance. In addition, a car park as well as children's club and playground are on offer to hotel guests. The modern, stylishly furnished rooms come equipped with air conditioning, electronic safety door look, direct telephone, LCD TV with Cable and Pay TV, Wi-Fi Connection and safe (for and additional cost), Minibar and 24 hour room service, private bathroom with telephone and hair dryer. In the outdoor complex, there is a pool with a children's pool, a pool bar as well as a sun terrace with sun loungers and parasols. In addition, the hotel features a Health Club with indoor heated pool, a gym, sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. Guest may also take advantage of massages and beauty treatments. All meals may be chosen from a wide buffet. At lunch and dinner guests may choose their meals a la carte. It is possible to book a half-board stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Hotel Albufeira
- Vila Gale Cerro Alagoa Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve