All reviewswashing machineold townself cateringindoor poolsteep hillfridge freezerdouble balconyaldi lidlthomson rephalf boardsea viewthe main hotelhotel restaurantbedroom apartmentwell equipped kitchenthese apartmentsironing board
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have just returned from a week in Albufeira with my husband and 16year old son and we had a fantastic room at the Cerro Mar Hotel, very clean, fantastic views. We didn't pay extra for breakfast because we wanted to see what they offered first but I feel it was good value for money especially if you do not want to go down to the town. I am really fussy about cleanliness and I had no issue here at all. Be warned though, the pool if freezing and it takes a while to adapt though there is an indoor pool which is free and it is heated. There were a few problems with getting sunbeds and people started putting towels out at 8 in the morning so everyone that could not get one were complaining. We went to the beach most days so it did not bother us so much but I think they need to stop this or it shall put people off staying there. We paid for a basic self catering room and it was amazing. Fully fitted kitchen, fantastic balcony with amazing views. There are steps which leads straight down to the square and the beach is about 5-10 minutes walk, it is so lovely. The beach is gorgeous too. There is a family run restaurant on the beach as you come through the tunnel, it is on the right, friendly staff that really can be bothered to make sure everything is to your satisfaction, a perfect evening setting ! Wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: room 610, massive balcony and AMAZING VIEWS !
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank JULIE MUSIC R
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here for a week in June, great hotel with delicious food in the restaurant. The apartments are spacious and cleaned daily. Great views from balcony and very quiet resort to stay. Honestly can't fault the rep kat who was there daily, would stay here again as I enjoyed it so much. The steps going to the old town aren't bad at all and it's only €3-4 euros for a taxi up from town if your not up to it :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank Claire2408
Reviewed July 7, 2014

we travel led to Portugal on the 22/6/14 for 1 week and went to the cerro mar lovely hotel good location in the old town but it was on a hill with lots of of steps to the old town overall the stay was very good staff friendly and Portugal is a beautiful place

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank suzanne m
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was our first time to this hotel. It's lovely, clean and very friendly. The pool is a good size and I couldn't get my daughter out. A cheeky seagull visited daily for a wash and a swim! The rooms were very spacious. The hotel sits on a hill and there are stairs down to the old town. After a week we were skipping up! There is a courtesy shuttle bus from the hotel if you don't like hills. Was impressed. Definitely recommend and definitely going to revisit.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Yvonne B
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We have just left this hotel, having been treated appallingly by the hotel management and I feel it is only right that others are warned of this. We arrived at the hotel and at first things were going very well, and we were very much enjoying our stay in the old town area of albufeira which is, might I say, quite beautiful. The room was very good, we were very pleased with it however on arrival, my partner noticed a metal plate was missing from the bedroom door. We thought nothing of this and continued with our holiday. Whilst on our way out of the room a couple of days later, part of the door frame collapsed suddenly falling to the floor. We were shocked by how sudden this had happened and reported it immediately to the hotel reception. Little did we know that the maids had spotted a problem earlier in the day, and a maintenance man had been up to perform a shoddy repair job on it which had then resulted in the frame collapsing. The hotel manager was fully aware of this, and no one thought to inform us that this frame was loose, despite us having a little 2 year old son who could have quite easily been injured or worse had this fallen on him. To make matters worse, the manager accused us of causing the damage, a young family with a small child kicking in a door.. Seems unlikely doesn't it. Not according to this guy who was seeking a scape goat for his sub standard fittings, or indeed a previous guest who had damaged the room and tried to patch it up.. I was appalled by this managers behaviour, he talked over us, refused to listen to anything we had to say and called us blatant liars. Disgusting behaviour from a hotel who obviously do not value the guests who pay their hard earned money to stay there. Thomson Holidays were amazing throughout this fiasco, their rep Kat could not have done enough for us and we were incredibly well supported and looked after by her and the Thomson/ First Choice team we encountered along the way. Please think carefully before booking this hotel, it has caused me no end of misery and spoiled the end of my holiday but if you do go, check your room and report anything untoward, no matter how small straight away, keeping a records of dates and times, as I would not like anyone to end up in the curious position we were put in.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family