All reviewswashing machineold townself cateringindoor poolsteep hillfridge freezerdouble balconyaldi lidlthomson rephalf boardsea viewthe main hotelhotel restaurantbedroom apartmentwell equipped kitchenthese apartmentsironing board
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed here with my partner the first week of June. The weather was perfect six full days of hot sunshine and just one day cloudy but still warm.

I emailed the hotel before arriving asking for a room with view and that’s exactly what we got – room 409 high up on the fourth floor with a huge balcony and beautiful view of both the pool and sea. The apartment was spacious and clean and the maids did a great job daily.

The staff in the hotel were lovely; the reception staff spoke good English and were always helpful and friendly. Pedro in the bar made the BEST cocktails – ask him for the strawberry and lime cocktail it was delicious!

We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and the food was delicious, service was spot on and again the staff were friendly but professional.

Albufeira old town is just a five minute walk, simply go out of the hotel reception turn right and down the steps. A few people have mentioned struggling with the steps on here, the steps were no bother to me or my partner but we are only in our twenties and very active – I even managed to get up and down them in my high heels every night! I understand some elderly people may struggle with the steps and in that case I would suggest getting a taxi, it will only cost 3-4 euros to the old town, reception will order you a taxi and it will pull up outside the hotel reception within just a few minutes.

The only very minor thing I can fault is the swimming pool was FREEZING – even on the really hot days it just didn’t seem to ever warm up. Most people were jumping in and jumping straight back out! However if that’s the only thing I can fault you know we’ve had a good time!

Thank you to everyone at Cerro Mar Gardens for making our holiday so enjoyable 

Room Tip: Most room's on the higer floor's have a lovely pool and sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Katie-Lula-Bobs
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My partner and I stayed at this hotel during the first week of June 2014 and could not find a single fault during our stay. I cannot recommend this hotel enough and below is a breakdown of the what it has to offer...

*THE HOTEL*
The Hotel is situated at the top of quite a steep hill. There is a direct route down to the old town square (where all the bars/restuarants are), it's a very pleasant walk down but can be tiring on the return journey, perhaps not ideal for the elderly or those with young children. The main building of the hotel is a very clean, light and airy, the reception staff are very welcoming and there's a nice bar on the first floor looking out over the pool area.

The pool is very clean and a great size, there's a good number of sun loungers around the perimeter and a patio area of tables and chairs for the downstairs snack bar.

It is a five minute walk to two large Lidl and Aldi supermarkets which are very useful as the mini market opposite is quite expensive

*THE SPA*
We chose to get a treatment in the inhouse spa, a full 30 minute back massage is just €25. There are great facilities including an indoor pool, two hot tubs, a sauna and steam room which are all available free of charge whether you have a treatment or not. The only downside of this is you are required to wear a swimming cap in the indoor pool although the hotel sell these for €4 if you wish to use it.

*THE ROOM*
Our Apartment was made up of two rooms, one with two large single beds pushed together, a huge built in wardrobe and desk. The living room had a big sofa bed and arm chair, as well as a dining table with 4 chairs. The kitchen was extrememly well fitted out including a washing machine, dishwasher, fridge freezer, etc and all of the utensils, crockery and pots and pans you could ever need.

There are aircon units in both rooms to be used free of charge.

*THE RESTAURANT*
We weren't planning to dine in the hotel restaurant as we were on a B&B board but the hotel were kind enough to offer us a voucher for a free bottle of wine when dining at the restaurant. The food was incredibly good value for money and of the highest quality. We only ate there the one time (other than for breakfast) but the staff were very attentive and polite (especially Mario!). Would highly recommend trying it out at least for one meal.

*CLEANLINESS*
The hotel, the rooms and the grounds are incredibly clean. Maid service is every day and they're very thorough. There isn't even any dust on the picture frames!

I cannot recommend this hotel enough for holidaymakers of all ages :)

Room Tip: From what I could see, all rooms faced the coast and with the hotel being built into the tall hill you're almost guaranteed a good sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank ab88
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is superb, rooms, which are really big, brilliant bathroom, double balcony. Beds were a tad uncomfortable but not so much it caused us bad sleep. Pool area is spot on, restaurant, bar and staff brilliant! Will return!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tony K
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for the week. It was a clean hotel with plenty of helpful staff. The room we had was in the Molina building at the top of the hill. It was very spacious and up to date. The TV only had one English speaking TV channel and that was bbc world news. We asked for a room with a view but all we could see was a perimeter wall 5 metres from the balcony. The restaurant food was lovely but the service was slow. The nearby restaurants where all very good also and good value for money. The pools were clean and there were plenty of loungers to relax on. The prices were expensive for drinks at the bar in comparison to the prices in the town. The complimentary mini bus service to and from the old town was great but it's a shame it only runs from 10 - 4 as evening rides would be popular but a taxi ride would cost less than €4. The gym was tidy and you could work out whilst overlooking the pool area which I found kept my mind occupied whilst my body got some exercise. Our Thompson rep, Kat, was very helpful and knowledgeable about the hotel and Albufeira which helped make the holiday a more relaxed and enjoyable one. I would come back again either as a couple or with children.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank David D
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We were allocated a lovely, extremely clean and well equipped apartment. This was on floor 4 . We had wonderful maid service ( never had better) and efficiency and helpfulness from the reception staff. We were very pleased with the accommodation.

Room Tip: Floor 4 . End room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family