“Lyn & Lin Westoning..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JKs Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

JKs Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, American, Mediterranean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
England, Arkansas
“Lyn & Lin Westoning..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed in Villas around the corner from jks,went there on our first day ended going there every evening and some lunchtimes for the rest of our holiday. Mac,Hazel and Jason were really friendly and helpfull,the food was excellent lots to choose from on the Menu good home cooked food and it was fresh. I would highly reccomend this Bar & Resturant. We will return.

• Visited May 2013

Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
“what a great bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

stayed in villas near jks bar with 5 adults and three grandchildren 3 years and under on first night we wandered down to the bar for some food and drinks and ended up eating there all week . the food was excellent great evening meals breakfast and lunches . in fact i think between us we tried the whole menu .would definetly recommend this bar the owner and family were really friendly and helpful . they also have an 8 seater minibus you can book for airport runs trips etc which was quite handy for our largish group. all in all a great bar and contributed to us all having a great holiday. we will be back !

• Visited May 2013
Rostock, Germany
“very relaxing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was walking in Sesmarias and mainly just needed a WiFi to sync a few documents to my dropbox. I found jks, ordered a beer and asked for the WiFi password. If you are a nerd as I am you know it: Once you are online you stay online. So I sat there for hours and only ordered a second beer. I know many bars that would let you know that you are abusing the WiFi and not bringing real money. Not here! The owner was friendly and relaxed, was there when you when you wanted a drink and was in the background when I worked at the computer.
This experience made me come again on most days of my holiday and every visit was a pure pleasure. I am not British and did not have a good opinion of the British kitchen. JKs changed this opinion very much! Tell a non British person you serve beef with mint... I loved it! Never expected it but really loved the burger with a light minty touch.
I liked the owner family very much! Mrs JK is always smiling and does great food in the small kitchen, Mr JK does the bar and does it perfectly. The drinks are perfect, he is a nice guy for a chat and has his eyes everywhere. If you have a wish, he is there! And last but not least, he has the guts to stand up if someone tries to spread bad vibes in his bar. I take my hat off to him.
Mr JK jr. does a taxi service. I never needed a taxi but met this nice guy in the bar.

Went there with some friends and my father occasionally as well and they liked the bar just as much as i did.

Nice place, nice family, great food, super fast WiFi and always a smile from the owners - I'll be back!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank freifallspoiler
“Worth the walk! :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband were in Albufeira in April this year. He is a Jay Kay lookalike and tribute artiste so when we were googling places to eat while we were on holiday and JKs came up - we HAD to try it!! :-)

We were staying quite a bit further from the restaurant than we thought and it was quite a distance to walk there from our apartment. But the sun was shining so we didn't mind too much.

And it was definitely worth the walk - about 5 miles there, and back! The couple who own it are lovely and you immediately feel like a visiting relative as opposed to a customer. The atmosphere is nice and relaxed. We only had a few drinks but after reading (and salivating over!) the menu said we'd be back later on in the week.

A few days later we trekked the 5 miles from our hotel again and we weren't disappointed. The food was amazing. Proper home cooked food. We couldn't eat all ours, so they boxed it up for us to take away with us for a snack for later at our apartment. Which tasted just as delicious when we tucked into it for supper! Plus they offer a free taxi service for customers who stay within a certain distance of the restaurant - handy if you've had a few beers or in our case, if the 5 mile return walk seemed a little daunting after a huge 2 course dinner! So we got a lift into the marina - nice little personal touch we thought.

All in all, we loved JK's and will be making the lovely, albeit lengthy, walk back there at least once or twice when we return to Albufeira for a week at the end of the month.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Disagree with previous review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have to strongly disagree with the previous review from Laur54! We have always gone here & found the owners Mac & Hazel to be very nice helpful people & the food is great. Over 5 years we have NEVER had a bad meal!