“Again no complaints” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JKs Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

JKs Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Bar, American, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Birmingham
“Again no complaints”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our 3rd year we have visited JK's and felt compelled to write again that all 6 people in our party had excellent food on the two occasions we visited last week and can,t understand the negative reports as we found Mac,Hazel and Jason as welcoming and friendly as always.Thank you

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank BirminghamMonkey

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Fantastic place to go.The owners very kind and generouse also the food is deliciouse.

• Visited July 2011
Somerset
“Over and above the average, fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We were recently on holiday in Gale Mar Apartments without a hire car with our 2 young children (age 1 and 3 years)

After looking on Trip Advisor I found the name of JK's so early on in our holiday we looked for the restaurant. Now according to the free map it was a very close walk from the apartment so we didn't take a buggy for the 3 year old which was a big mistake as it is quite a bit further up the hill than it looked! However we eventually found it and had some lunch, it was fresh and delicious - I had the Goats Cheese salad (lovely) and my husband had a tuna salad. We were a little concerned about the walk back without a buggy in the heat but straight away the owner Mac offered us a lift back to the apartment for no charge which was extrememly kind and we were very grateful.

I noticed on the menu, it said that they also offered a "Take Away" service which prooved to be such a holiday saver for us. Not that I normally like to stay in on an evening on holiday... but my 1 year old gets so restless by 6.30pm and refuses to sit in a highchair so eating out in the evening is not a pleasure for us or other diners! So we put the children to bed and phoned JK's to place an order, 30 minutes later I met Mac outside the apartment to collect our evening meal. I have to say the food is really delicious - it's all cooked by Mac's wife and she is a great home cook and we tried a lot on that menu!! Everything was tasty and fresh - my favourite was the Chicken with Stilton sauce served on a Portabello mushroom, followed by the Chicken and ribs combo, the Chicken curry and the Enchalada were also extremely tasty - we didn't have 1 bad meal and even with it being a take away it was still lovely and fresh and piping hot.

We did eat out a few other times on holiday in various restaurants but I have to say we did keep comparing it with JK's for the standard and good value for money.

On the day before last we ran out of cash and I needed to find a cash machine but when I walked to the supermarket, it had been removed. Not many places take cards so I phoned Mac to see if he knew of another cash machine and again over and above the duty he needed to, he came and collected me from the apartment and drove me to the cashpoint which was sooooo extremely kind of him and I was extremely grateful for the extra mile he put in, it made such a huge difference.

Their son Karl also operates a taxi service which is much more resonable than flagging one off the street.

Thanks again to Mac and his family for helping to make our holiday :-)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Brilliant JKs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

After trying many local restaurants with a view to trying the local food, we continually came back to JKs for Portuguese and some English food. On no occasion were we disappointed. The service by Mac and his family was always courteous, professional and cheerful. The food was always flavoursome, well presented and in a nice atmosphere. Let me also say for any doubters this was not solely English cuisine but a full variation of international dishes. This establishment gave extremely good value for money. On any visit to the Algarve again we will visit JKs again.

england
“AmAzInG !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

My name is Sally I have just returned from a family holiday in a villa just a few minutes away from Jk,s !!! Well there was 9 of us that travelled in total and we I really don,t no where to start we were in a villa in the mist of no where .
our rep gave us a taxi number for a guy called Karl he is the son of Jk,s restaurant we booked him straight way to go into the town he was fab and very reliable and CHEAP too.
He advised us about Jks so we all strolled up for dinner one evening.
Well that was it we were hooked the food , staff , Owner were all AMAZING words can not describe how good the food is at this restaurant and the owners are even nicer there was nine of us when asking for a local taxi firm to take us home he said bare with me .... a few mins later he was in his mini bus taking us home he also picked us up a few times too.

On our last night we decided we didn,t fancy going out so in true Jk,s fashion nothing was to much trouble and he delivered our dinner plus puddings and drinks to our villa and even brought it all in for us.
I can not understand why anyone would want to write a bad review about this restauant as we loved it , me & my husband always dine in 5 star hotels & restaurants and always do 5 star hotels this was as just of good standard and the atmosphere was brilliant.
Also all food and pud,s are home made !!! Yummy
I would def go back with no hesitation at all and would like to thanks Mac , Karl and there team for looking after us all so well you truly made our holiday.
Hope to see you soon .x The Crieries .x.x.x ( Sally & The Gang )

1 Thank tcook1