“very modern hotel”

Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel
Ranked #9 of 152 Hotels in Albufeira
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We went to this hotel because it was recommended by a friend. I really like the modernity of the structure and the rooms with a beautiful sea view. Great location, close to all amenities. Service is good, so it is the buffet restaurant. I would say to avoid to use the spa. We booked a couple massage and one of the therapists was over half hour late and after all this wait we received one of the worst massage ever. If you avoid this, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,893)

995 - 1,001 of 1,894 reviews

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise for my 30th as a long weekend Friday-Monday. I was over the moon with this hotel it is beautiful. The staff were very helpful at reception, and at breakfast time they couldn't come fast enough to clear away mess or left overs from the running buffet style breakfast... Which I could say couldn't fault. Our room was cleaned every day with fresh towels.

There are loads of bars and restaurants around the hotel and the strip ( which is the main night life) is only 5 min walk to but not to close to get a good nights sleep.

The old town 5/7 mins in a taxi €6 is lovely to see day and night with busy bars and restaurants down loads of little side streets with shops and little markets, very beautiful at night.

All in all for us we loved every moment walking along the beach to trying as many bars and restaurants as possible. And would even come back to the same area with the children but this hotel is made for adults and couples. Beautiful.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NThomas173
Reviewed October 21, 2013

If you are looking for a clean, great located, quite hotel with very helpful staff then look no further. When I say quite I mean really quite! Its a perfect place to relax and do nothing. Its adult hotel, no kids around and they serve champagne on breakfast!!! :) Clean swimming pool area, great breakfast. We had only breakfast booked as wanted to explore places around for dinner and we were right. There are so many places to eat and spend evening around the hotel.
Had couples massage arranged for an extra fee and all our queries were answered prior to arrival where a big thank you goes to Sandra and Celia!
Great place, good stay, we will be coming back!

2  Thank Lietuvaite87
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Before i start we did get this holiday cheap via Jet2 holidays but we would pay more and go back to the hotel.

We stayed 12-19th october and arrived at approx 1130am. I had emailed the hotel before my stay and paid 8euro for fondue and wine and informed them we would be arriving early in the day - this could explain how we managed to be 1 of the few to have their room ready on arrival - great start to our holiday.

We were in room 314 its a standard room and we had requested a double rather than twin as advertised and booked and got our double. We had a part sea view if you looked around the wall and overlooked the quiet street. We were more than happy with the modern room and bathroom it had everything you needed and a good sized balcony. You don't go on holiays to sit in your room or balcony all day. hotel in general was modern and looked like the online pictures no disappointments. only issue with room was the pillow - lumpy and not the most comfortable

Pool - only issue was i found it cold - the charts showed it was 18degree but i couldn't bring myself to go in spent more time in the sea. there were plenty of sunbeds and unbrellas and the hotel was full with a wedding group arriving on the thursday. The wedding group did put a dampner on the peace around the pool as they did bring around 5 children with them who splashed and shouted around the pool on the thursday - we only had 1 full day of them as the wedding was on the friday and they disappeared - no offense if any wedding guests read this we expected an adult only hotel free from children.

breakfast - we had no issues plenty of food staff worked had to replenish everything after mad rush times when everyone seemed to appear at once. we managed to work out the best times to go. had breads, fruit, cereal, salad, fry items, boiled eggs,cheeses, hams etc. we did not have dinner in the hotel.
We ate at the pool bar and food was good but the staff was hit and miss dark haired girl was brillant and but there was another girl with lighter hair that could be grumpy and mix up who's food was who's.

Overall we had a brill time and would go back to the hotel. Our weeks weather was great ranged from 23-29 and blue skys.
Resort was a good bit quieter in october spent quite a few evenings in the old town - bus to old town around the corner from hotel one way is 1.40 each and taxi back around 6 euro.

2  Thank wilson139
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in room 017 which is a delux room from 14th -18th Oct 2013. The decor in the hotel really is beautiful and classy. I found everywhere to be very clean. The delux rooms are the same size as a standard room but with a few extras such as bigger balcony, better view (mine had a pool view) coffee machine and dressing gowns. My friends stayed in a standard room and had a tiny balcony and no view to speak of. I found the rooms a little on the small side but adiquate. The bathroom was a nice nice size and the decor was to a high standard.

We had a problem with getting the shower to work as did my friend in another room. However once reported this was rectified.

I had originally emailed the hotel and requested an upgrade and was willing to pay the extra. Upon arrival I was told the upgrade was complimentary, great news!!! Or so i thought untill I checked out and they charged me €80 for the 4 nights upgrade! They explained that normal rate for the upgrade was a higher amount than they charged me so I ended up paying the €80.

I think the hotel must have been full during our stay as breakfast at times was a little over crowded and we had to ask for plates or cutlery on occasion as well as waiting for food to be replenished. The food was good with a fair amount of choice.

I also had lunch one day, spagetti bolognaise and other than being a little dry it was nice and good value. My friend had the same meal an hour later and his was much nicer than mine, maybe he had a fresh serving?

I tried a few of the cocktails at the pool bar, they were nice and about the same price as the bars were charging.

The pool area is very pleasant and clean with plenty of loungers.

The walk to the beach is OK, however there are lots of steps to get down to the beach and can be quite challanging and definatly would not be suitable for anyone who is not able bodied.

The walk to the strip is only about 10 mins which means the hotel is in a great location and is nice and quiet for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Upgraded rooms have bigger balcony and better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here for a week from 6 October 2013 to 13 October 2013. The reception staff were very welcoming and the hotel was very clean and modern. Safety deposit box was free and there was little disturbance at night so a good night's sleep was pretty much guaranteed. The room was plenty big enough for two and the bathroom was spotless however I was extremely disappointed to have paid extra money for a so called 'superior' room as we got little value for paying the extra. The balcony was way too small to sit out on and there was no direct sea view from the room itself. You had to squeeze to the left side of the balcony to see the sea and if you looked down below there was a dirty gravel track that we were not impressed with. Didn't sit on the balcony once due to it's small size - it wasn't big enough for one person to relax let alone two. As for the food, we gave evening meals a miss as there was nothing on the menu to take our fancy and the breakfasts themselves were shocking. I always thought breakfast was one meal a hotel could not make a mess of - but there was something wrong every day. The kiwi fruits were hard - you could barely cut them let alone eat them, the bread was often uncooked or the days it was cooked it was dry. One day I could barely cut a bread roll so I didn't even attempt to eat it as I didn't fancy an expensive dentist bill. Another day yogurts were on display that were out of date. You could if you wish eat breakfast outside, which we did most days. Some of the staff didn't seem to care that a seagull sat on table one day eating someone's leftovers....it was left to another guest to shoo the health hazard away! The bar lacked atmosphere and there were hardly any other guests in there - it was quite pricey too and you could get drinks much cheaper from places just outside the hotel. The staff were not interested in fixing our TV so we could get English news. I am not a TV addict but I do like to keep up to date with what is going on in the world whilst I am away. All in all a nice hotel in a nice location but the food and room we were given (number 328) were a total let down and I would not stay there again. See pictures of our view from room number 328 and the so-called 'superior' view.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying any extra for a 'superior' room, I would take my chances with just t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Just back from a week in this hotel and could not fault a thing,we were there for a birthday and an anniversary,so I e.mailed before I went and ordered the chocolate fountain etc,it was there for us and we got brilliant side seaview room,the room was an upgrade it was lovely clean and spacious. The staff in reception were so helpful and polite any enquiries were sorted right away,the hotel itself is really modern and tastefully done,the meals were really nice,round the pool was well looked after and peaceful ,would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants well looked after in lovely surroundings.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor looking out to the front of the hotel with a side seaview in 305 it was lov...
1  Thank linda s