“Great stay in March”

Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in Albufeira
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great stay in March”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just back from staying in this hotel for a week with my boyfriend. Despite some rainy weather the hotel was lovely. It is very modern and definitely 4* standard. We originally booked with booking.com and I got what I thought was a good price but a few days before our stay I was on the hotel website and saw their Easter offer, which included a few extras like wifi and 3 dinners in the hotel for the same price, I emailed the reservations team who came back to me really quickly to confirm, I was delighted and cancelled my original booking with booking.com!
The rooms were very clean and staff were v pleasant. We had a superior room with side sea view and was well worth the extra money for the balcony. The view was amazing! The breakfast was lovely and great variety but the dinner was a buffet and we would have prefered to eat out for more variety - but since it was free we didn't mind too much!!! We also had a few nice surprises like chocolate truffles when we arrived and then porto wine and more chocs as we stayed during Easter.
If you go to this hotel try the Aquafresh cocktail, it is the nicest cocktail my friend and I have ever tasted and the guy who makes the cocktails was really friendly. Also, definitely make use of the Wellness centre, my friend (who was staying at a different hotel) and I had a massage on Easter Sunday as it was a rainy day and it was great for just 45 euro, the hotel staff arranged everything. The location is good if you want to go to the strip (we prefered Old Town) but it is just 5 euro in a taxi or 3 euro for the little tourist bus. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the beach near the hotel is beautiful.
The only downside was the noise, our room was v close to the cleaners room and in the morning it was quite noisy, woke us up every day, you could also hear some noise from downstairs when there was entertainment. Also there was no iron but they brought us one when we asked but no ironing board!!
All in all a great stay and would love to go back :)

Room Tip: Our room was 321, it was a great view but the noise was an issue
8 Thank Emma198620
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Emma198620,
Thanks very much for staying with us and thanks again for the tip about the staff noise near to your room, you're right and we sincerely apologize for the inconvinience, the exit doors just next to your room are very noisy. We are going to find na alternative. Should you consider to come back we will take this into consideration. Kind regards, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just returned from a short stay at this hotel over Easter, we chose it after reading such good reviews and were certainly not dissapointed.
As soon as we arrived we knew we had made the right choice.
Check in staff were lovely and very helpful and imformative, we were told we'd been upgraded to a sea view room, Room 232, the room was lovely, lots of space, balcony, tv, big modern bathroom, plenty of towels etc, and quiet too. We were really pleased.
We were half board and the food was lovely, lots of choice of hot and cold food at breakfast and dinner, and restaurant staff were very good and friendly, couldn't fault anything.
The bar area was very trendy and comfortable, again really helpful friendly staff, we tended to stay in here in the evenings after dinner, as did most people, as the weather was bad, but the bar lounge was so nice and the drinks and cocktails were a good price.
Views were amazing, a short walk down a hill and some steps to a lovely beach, about 10 mins walk, and you can walk all along the beach on a wooden walkway, also a nice cafe/beach bar there.
Afternoon tea and sandwiches was a lovely touch at 4.30 in the lounge.
The hotel is spotlessly clean throughout, and very modern and trendy, and fresh.
Nothing was too much trouble at this hotel, it made our holiday, I would definately return and would reccomend it, don't change anything as you have it just right.
This hotel has the 'wow' factor.

3 Thank Hughes33
Dear Hughes33,

thank you very much for your very nice opinion about Aqua Pedra dos Bicos is is rewarding to read how much you have appreciatted. We look forward to welcome you back. Warm Regards, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)
Derry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just returned from a weeks holiday...location is ideal and close to restaurants, shops, bars and beach. The staff are excellant, always smiling and professional, nothing is too much for them. We had a great holiday and would definately return and use this hotel again, its spotless clean and very modern. The food was also very reasonable and tastey..the only draw back is not enough English TV channels but this is a very small thing. A massive thank you to the staff and management for an excellant stay and the complimentary bubbly in our rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank newcDerry
Dear newcDerry,

Thank you very much for your preference at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos and for your review. We apologize for the small choive of english TV channels but the sat dish we are using is very limited on that. Still waiting for Portugal Telecom to install the cable connection in Albufeira...We will keep pushing. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you wish to return. Kind regards, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Where do i begin... When I was taken to the hotel via transport i thought WOW.. I was not disappointed.. Upon arrival we were quickly checked in by Soraia, she was very pleasant and quickly booked us in.. We were on the 3rd floor room 323. When we got to our room we were very happy, it was fresh, modern and had a spectacular view of greenery and the sea. Breathtaking!

The breakfast was amazing, we had so much choice, continental inc cheese, hams, fresh fruit and salads, cereals, croissants, rolls, breads, rice cakes, spreads as well as sausages, bacon, eggs,hash browns, tomatoes...We were spoilt for choice.

We were close to the beach, lots of restaurants (the happy house Chinese buffet was our favourite) we walked to the old town it took about 20 mins..

We took the open top tour bus which was very nice and we also took a tour of Lagos, Sagres & Cape St Vicent..Quite interesting...

The hotel laid on activities such as coach trips, boat trips etc, at a cost. On Weds and Saturdays they have an in-house pianist which was quite nice. You don't even need to leave your room..
You can also have facials, massages, waxing etc all quite reasonably priced..

This was a beautiful hotel, in a lovely easy accessible part of town.. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.. Lovely helpful staff at every point.. Well done to them they no how to treat their guests..

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea.. Beautiful
8 Thank legalalien8
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear legalalien8,
Great to learn that you've enjoyed staying with us and thank you very much for your preference and to share it with other travellers.
We love to know when guests trully enjoyed their vacations and that they recommend the Algarve to their friends and family.
We hope to see you again soon in Aqua Pedra dos Bicos. Best personal regards, joao Costa-GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)
leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel is very modern....the staff are the most attentive ,friendly, staff I have ever known,when I am on holiday...nothing was to much trouble...every single one of the staff had a smile... The rooms and areas are spotless.....breakfast very good ...but I'm afraid for me evening meals were not for me ..I felt there was not enough variety...only 1choice of veggie 1choice of meat 1choice of fish for hot meals....but I do have to say food was of good quality...but I do prefere more options...desserts were yummy....added bonus of warm melted chocolate to. Poor over fruit or cakes ....there were no ice creams tho ...out side is a lovely area to eat if you wish ...restaurant lovely and clean..again staff were fantastic...I would definatley stay again but would do b& b instead of h/b...pool area is so clean and relaxing ....book this hotel you will not be disappointed with your stay ... Balconie was small .....I did notice pool view had larger balconies...I had side sea view..may I add my view was stunning....my safe in my room was also free...what more could you ask for

Room Tip: If you want a really good view choose sea or pool views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank faygan
Dear faygan,
Thanks very much for your preference at Hotel Aqua Pedra dos Bicos and most importante for sharing with us all your opinion about the overall servisse, altough we regret to know that we weren't impressed with the evening buffet, choice is there but due to space restrictions we can't put more choice on the hot dishes but on the colds is there. Thanks for the tip for the ice-cream, we will do it now onwards.
Looking forward to seeing you soon in our hotel. Best personal regards, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

After arriving 6hrs in advance of check-in, I was pleasantly surprised to be allocated a room with fantastic sea view (as booked) on the 2nd floor. The higher the room the better. The hotel decor is very chic and contemporary. My room was cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis and staff on front desk is very courteous and informative. The only down-side was that the only English channels were the news. Which meant wet days were very long days in the hotel. The bar was only opened at night, no late afternoon service - which I think would go down well for the older demographic guests. Free buffet breakfast was a delight to wake up to offering full English or continental. Great location to the beach and main strip of shops and bars. The local bus services also take you to local resorts such as a the Vilamoura (plush marina).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Simtravel_12
Dear Simtravel_12,
Thanks very much for having stayed with us and good to know that you 've enjoyed it. great tip about the opening of the Lounge Bar, because we provide the service from the restaurant, but I agree that having the Bar closed puts people off and think that no service at all is available.
Unfortunatelly we are very restricted about the choice of TV channels, we are waiting for the cable TV to be installed in the área...hopefully will happen finally this Summer.
We hope to see you again in the near furture.
Best personal regards, joao Costa - GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Ive never written a review before but I just had to share my experience and praise the hotel for its excellent service and overall brilliance!
Im 21 and I was surpising my boyfriend for his 27th birthday to a weekend stay in Portugal. I spent hours researching many hotels and reading lots of reviews but I kept being drawn back to this hotel. It was the excellent reviews and photos of other travellers that made me want to book it (and hopefully my review will make someone else do the same).

I booked through Travel Republic and chosen a double room with full breakfast. Upon arrival I was very impressed with the exterior, very modern looking and slightly set back from the busy street. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by two lovely staff on reception. I kindly asked if they would upgrade us as it was my boyfriends birthday today and I was suprising him. The lady wished him a happy birthday and made sure we were granted our wish. She gave us a map of the area and even told us some useful information on where to get taxis, atms and essential items from.
As we headed to our room we both were just amazed by the modern features and the excellent architecture.

Our room was 424 and I must say its the best hotel room ive stayed in (We both have stayed in very expensive hotels in London before and this hotel beats all of them)
The view was breathtaking, overlooking the sea and part of albufeira! The bed seemed huge and very comfy. The bathroom was very well decorated and modern. The room had a flat screen tv and free safe.
Within five minutes of being in the room we were pleasantly suprised by a staff member bringing my boyfriend a bottle of champagne and box of chocolates. He was so chuffed!
The pool area is on the ground floor where you will find the restaurant as well. We ate a few times in the restaurant having snack food and it was very good. The waiters are very polite and helpful.

There is a private beach about five minute walk from the hotel. At the end of the pool area there is a gate where you have to use your room key to get in and out. Then its a short walk down a quiet road and some steps to the beach! You have to go down there it was beautiful!!!

Theres a few places I definitely want to reccomend if your considering eating out a few nights. A place called the Cockral! Absolutely amazing food and wonderful atmosphere about 10min walk from the hotel. Also the Sizzling Stone which had such a Portuguese feel to it and the owners definitely made you feel welcome. A good night out is on the strip where you will find many bars and clubs, one of our favourites being Wild and Co!! Live band playing peoples requests of songs and they done great cocktails too!

As we are a young couple we found there was still plenty to do on our trip. We did a Quad Bike tour which I highly recommend doing! Their company is called QuadVentra... definitely look it up! We also visited the Old Town which had many little shops and restaurants. Beautiful beaches as well.

I could write for hours about our holiday but I will stop there and just say that you will not regret booking to stay at Aqua Pedra Dos Bicos Hotel!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
19 Thank GlobeTrotterPrincess
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear GlobeTrotterPrincess,
Fantastic review and very helpfull for future visitors to the Algarve. Thank you very much and we look forward to having you back with us. Kind regards, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)