Just back from staying in this hotel for a week with my boyfriend. Despite some rainy weather the hotel was lovely. It is very modern and definitely 4* standard. We originally booked with booking.com and I got what I thought was a good price but a few days before our stay I was on the hotel website and saw their Easter offer, which included a few extras like wifi and 3 dinners in the hotel for the same price, I emailed the reservations team who came back to me really quickly to confirm, I was delighted and cancelled my original booking with booking.com!
The rooms were very clean and staff were v pleasant. We had a superior room with side sea view and was well worth the extra money for the balcony. The view was amazing! The breakfast was lovely and great variety but the dinner was a buffet and we would have prefered to eat out for more variety - but since it was free we didn't mind too much!!! We also had a few nice surprises like chocolate truffles when we arrived and then porto wine and more chocs as we stayed during Easter.
If you go to this hotel try the Aquafresh cocktail, it is the nicest cocktail my friend and I have ever tasted and the guy who makes the cocktails was really friendly. Also, definitely make use of the Wellness centre, my friend (who was staying at a different hotel) and I had a massage on Easter Sunday as it was a rainy day and it was great for just 45 euro, the hotel staff arranged everything. The location is good if you want to go to the strip (we prefered Old Town) but it is just 5 euro in a taxi or 3 euro for the little tourist bus. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the beach near the hotel is beautiful.
The only downside was the noise, our room was v close to the cleaners room and in the morning it was quite noisy, woke us up every day, you could also hear some noise from downstairs when there was entertainment. Also there was no iron but they brought us one when we asked but no ironing board!!
All in all a great stay and would love to go back :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aqua Pedra dos Bicos is an island of serenity in Santa Eulalia, near the busy Albufeira and at 500 meters from the famous "Strip", one of the main nightlife atractions. The direct access from the Hotel to the Bicos Beach - 400 meters away - and the inspiring view over the Atlantic Ocean complete this unique Hotel in the heart of the Algarve. This 4-Star Hotel, from Details Hotels & Resorts, features a daring and modern architecture, offering a memorable and relaxing experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pedra Dos Bicos Albufeira
- Aqua Pedra Dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve