“Incredible”

Ranked #10 of 154 Hotels in Albufeira
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“Incredible”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Me and 5 friends stayed here in may 2012 ,the manager kindly upgraded us to an appartment probably to keep noise down in hotel. The appartment was beautiful and close to a private pool. The breakfast in the hotel was lovely as were all the staff. I have recomended this hotel to 3 friends who also loved it. I would love to take my wife there this year if we can find a good deal. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank mickey m
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dera Mickey M,
Thank you very much for your review and for your preference. We look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels & Resorts (gm@detailshotels.com)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel in June and September each year since 2009 and would recommend to anyone. Nice friendly reception when you check in. Have always stayed in a pool/ocean view room on a high floor. Fantastic views from the balcony!! Room cleaned daily with beds made up and fresh towels. Nice coffee purculator in the room but afetr the complimentary coffee supplied you are charged extra for replacements through the week! Restaurant serves good quality breakfast with a good range offered buffet style. The inside area is on the small side but the outdoor patio area provides sufficient extra space. You can have to wait for a table if you turn up late for breakfast. Always only have bed and breakfast as good number of restaurants within easy walking distance for a good varirety of good value meals. Never eaten dinner in the hotel restaurant. The prices seem a little expensive compared to the local restaurants. 5 minute walk to the start of the strip for more lively bars etc. 5 minutes walk to the fantastic sandy beach. Halfway choice of wooden path/steps or to continue to walk along road. If you have a pushchair take the road! 20 minute walk to the old town which is worth a visit. Would recommend you get the bus though as nothing to see on the way. You can also get a land train from the the strip for a couple of Euros. Swimming pool adequate in size for the property size although not big enough for an active swimming workout! and have never had a problem in June or September getting a couple of sunbeds. Hotel always fairly full when we go so probably similar all year. Also a small paddling pool. Quite nice to sit in the paddling pool when gets too hot! The music in the lobby is repetative and you can hear it from the balcony. The hotel is good quality in a good location and the staff especially on reception are friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool/ocean view room for a spectacular view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith M
Dear Keith M,
Thank you very much for your continued preference over the years and for your review. It is true that the restaurant area and the gardens around the pool could be bigger, but for that we extended the breakfast schedulle untill 11:00 and the reason being for our comprehensive buffet dinner being 17,50€ for one and 29,50€ for two people, is because there's a large variety of colds and hots to choose from and prime quality. We look forward to seeing you again and please let me know in advance if you come again, as I would like very much to meet you personally. Kind regards Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels & Resorts (gm@detailshotels.com)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for our birthdays in October...

I have seen a lot of great reviews about this hotel, don't get me wrong, it was a nice hotel but it has many flaws.
As we arrived in the hotel at around 2pm, we were given our key to our SUPERIOR room which we had payed extra for. As we walked into the room, we pulled the sheets back to find a number of pubic hairs in our bed. As we walked through the dirty carpet stained corridor to the main reception to complain, we were told that they would send someone to check as they didn't believe us. The maids then changed the bed!
Don't be fooled by the trick photography either, the pool is half the size it is shown to be. (I have seen bigger puddles). As it was my birthday the next day, I was suprised by a very friendly maid bringing me champagne and a cake which I thought was lovely (However, my boyfriend did not receive anything for his birthday 2 days later which he was quite sad about. ha) The restaurant was very small and cramped. there didnt seem to be enough tables for the amount of guests at breakfast. There was a queue to sit down, and then when u did finally sit.. u had to set your own table. The food was quite bland to say the least, and the service was an absolute disgrace, and we found that a number of guests were saying the same. We were very dissapointed.
When we tried to ask a number of members of staff for simple directions (on how to get from the reception to the pool area) they did not speak a word of english.. which I found quite aggrovating. The music in the lobby was so repetative.. the same songs over and over.. I now hate madonna- give it to me!! ha. The same songs were played over the duration of our holiday and we could hear it from our top floor room which was very annoying. As we payed alot more for a superior room, we later discovered it was a waste of money as our balcony was half the size of a standards rooms! Dont bother upgrading!
Overall the hotel was average and I would not stay here again.. but on a positive, the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Dont bother upgrading to a superior room, as you get a better view from the standard rooms and the b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Lauren G
Dear Lauren G,
Thank you very much for your review and don't worry we take positevely altough we can't agree with all of it and clearly has the intention to put people off. We are sincerely sorry that you haven't enjoyed your stay. Unfortunatelly we can't turn it around because you're not coming back, but please come to the Algarve at least, and if you change you're mind about it we would be very happy to show you that all in all is not correct your judgement. Kind Regards, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels & Resorts (gm@detailshotels.com)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel in Sept 2009, 2010 & 2011. This is a proper 4 star hotel. Great staff, rooms, facilities and within walking distance of everything in Albufeira. Superior double with ocean view is by far the best because of its breath taking views. Nice mix of breakfast to choose from and lovely beach to spend the day on. I come to relax so lack of a fitness centre does not bother me. Pool area is modern with great sunning areas. Unfortunately in Sept 2012 I decided to experience a different Hotel in Albufeira (Topazio Hotel) on the recommendation of some reviews on tripadvisor. All I can say is this, you don't know what your missing. Visit Aqua Pedra dos bicos and see how it should be done. Super.

Room Tip: Superior double with ocean view. All rooms on all floors are quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Whispers1971
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Whispers1971;
Thank you very much for your continued preference and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind regards Joao Costa-GM at Details Hotels & Resorts
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

My first holiday with my girlfriend, so it had to be perfect. We stayed here for a week at the beginning if July 2011. We arrived before check-in therefore our room was not available, the manager quickly upgraded us to a Deluxe Sea Facing room. The hotel was clean, staff were friendly, Room was spacious with a lovely view of the beach.

Beds were comfortable, no noise disturbance from neighbours, minibar was a plus, room service was excellent. The room service was upheld every day to an excellent standard. I would recommend this to couples and small groups of friends.

Its a 5-10 minutes walk from the Strip

Would not recommend if its a cheap boozy holiday for the lads or girls. It better than that.

10 STARS

Room Tip: Select a Sea View... on the higher floors for an amazing view Also, buy her a strawberry daquiri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank viresh_v12
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear viresh_v12,

Thank you very much for returning to Aqua Pedra dos Bicos and also for the nice review. We keep improving the hotel and work on the service level due to early arrivals we are always happy to give a room available if at all possible. Thanks fro appreciating it. Please let me know when you wish to come back again, Joao Costa-GM Details Hotels & Resorts (gm@detailshotels.com)
Leeds
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very late review visited this hotel in June last year! And after planning my holiday this year I remembered I never got round to writing a review! Had a fantastic holiday! Very near to old town, only about 10 min walk! An a 3 euro taxi ride home on a night and the strip is even closer! Enjoyed every day of our holiday.... Only negatives food ot a bit repative and not very many sun loungers!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Amycaprice
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Amycaprice,
Thanks very much for your review. I'm pleased to say that we have aqquired more sun loungers for this Summer season, thanks for the tip. Also the choice of food, we ahve now worked out 2 weeks diferente menus thus having a lot of variety. Have you thought of coming back to us. Please let me know if you wish a proposal. Looking forward to hearing from you. kind regards Joao Costa GM Details Hotels (gm@detailshotels.com)
Rhyl, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is really a postscript to our visit last year, to confirm that the quality of the hotel has not diminished, and that weather? - fantastic after a wet and miserable year in the U.K. As with last year, we opted for a deluxe room with sea view, which includes a kettle and coffee machine, but you still have to work hard to get a double room. I have to admit that I am getting pretty fed up with the provision of single beds, just so that it makes it easier for the hotel. If you book in good time, it should be your choice, not theirs.

The room was once again very comfortable, clean, and well furnished. As for the television, I agree that the German visitors seem to be better catered for than us Brits, but it is nice to get away from 'Take Me Out' etc. (Only by a hitman please). If you really want to watch a bit of telly, try (O Preco Certo) whilst you are getting ready to go out. The Price Is Right can be understood in any language, and good fun. As for breakfast, we tend to avoid the cooked options, and stick to the freshly squeezed juice, good choice of fruit, yoghurts, and local breads. Delicious!

And any tips? Make the effort to go down to the beach through the back gate of the hotel; (use your room pass to open it -derr!) The place is only accessible from three or four points, is quiet, sheltered, and beautiful. Never even thought of it last time. And if you are sitting in the sun, enjoying your nicely priced beer or wine, do not get agitated by those ignorant fag smokers who plonk themselves next to you, and waft their stinking pong in your direction. My wife told me to say that, because I get livid!! Albufeira is great at this time of year; the sun is not hot enough to hide from, but warm enough to make you look, and feel better. Go and enjoy it.

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra, and get a sea view, and sunshine most of the day.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank windbag
Joao C, General Manager at Aqua Pedra dos Bicos Design Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear windbag,
Great review, thanks very much and we are happy to inform you that we have aqquired 50 double beds, so this should not be an issue anymore, and we have just ordered kettlers for all rooms. We are really pushing to improve our quality and to improve the servisse. Please contact me next time you want to come back to Aqua. Kind regards Joao Costa GM at Details Hotels & Resorts (gm@detailshotels.com)