“Food was good but AC not working”
Review of O Tunel - CLOSED

O Tunel
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate here and i have to say the food was great, however, as the AC was not working properly it was extremely hot in there. we paid 60 euro for 3 people starters, main course desert and drinks so not bad price either.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I vist this restaurant every time I visit portugal and it never fails to disappoint. Jason and Paula are extremely welcoming, the restaurant is very family friendly and the food is spectacular!
The only problem I did have was deciding what to have from the yummy menu (I have tried most things and each dish was spectacular)
My daughter loves the children's menu too.
This place really is a little Gem amazing good quality food, amazing hosts and exceptional value for money
I would recommend anyone heading to the algarve to give this restaurant a go. You will love it

Reviewed August 13, 2013

9 of us visited O Tunnel for our 2nd night in Albufeira and we are so glad we did. The welcome we received was great and my daughter in law is 6 months pregnant and was feeling quite hot so they sat us near the door and opened the windows to help keep her cool. The food was really very nice and everyone enjoyed all the starters which included the soup and garlic bread. The mains also went down a treat, I had the meat pie and it was the best I have had in any restaurant and it was even better because it came with mash and not chips like everywhere else. My eldest son, who is very fussy with food, decided that he would go back the next night to celebrate his 3rd wedding anniversary and asked Jason if he could get some alcohol free wine for the mum to be. My son was really impressed with the attention they received and also again the great food that they had. This made their special night even more so. They even managed to have 3 courses which they hadn't any other night. I would like to say that the lemon cheese cake was to die for and 3 of us who had it said the same. The price was good as well for the amount and quality of food that you got. Cannot wait to return to Albufeira and come back to O tunnel. I would like to say a big 'thank you' for a lovely experience. Would recommend to others.

1  Thank snowflakes15
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our second holiday to the Algarve where we chose to eat at O Tunel. Jason and Paula are fantastic hosts who always make you feel welcome no matter how busy they are. The food is fab and the portions are huge...we wish we were still there so we could go back again this weekend to celebrate my birthday.

Jason and Paula - if you read this we will see you again next year! Love to you both, Jane and Tom xx

1  Thank janeo3865
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat. Jason and Paula are lovely and always make us very welcome. Food is beautifully cooked and presented and potions are huge. Can't rate highly enough.