As always we have had a great time staying at FDV (a few little negatives) but cant wait to book our next visit. We just love it there but have a few little niggles..
* The continual barking during the night from dogs (all night) was so annoying. Pleased to say building work has ceased at the moment at the front entrance so no noise from there.
* Sun umbrellas by the pool. Originally there was only 2 small ones at the pool. FDV was much busier than usual (with families and young kids) and people kept asking for umbrellas. Eventually they put out another 5 which was not enough for the amount of people using the pool. Hope they have more in the busier season otherwise this could be a problem.
*Breakfast at FDV very poor. I remember from last year breakfast wasn't that good but we tried twice this year and things hadn't improved (the food wasn't hot for a start and very poor selection). Cost 5.50 euros per person. Much better breakfast served at the Cottage (10 min walk) at a cost of 2.75 or nearby Bora Bora at 5 euros.
* Internet access is coin operated 1 euro for 10 mins but was unbelievably slow!
* Last little niggle why oh why do the maids always arrive at 4.30pm. We were always up and about early every day so the room was empty all day long yet they always arrived just as you were back in hoping to get your feet up.
These are just a few little niggles but we still love the place, the size of the apartments, the location etc etc. Very friendly reception and bar staff. Its a great place to stay and we will be going back. By the way entertainment was on in the bar 4 evenings and Happy Hour is 5 - 8pm.
Restaurant served dinner in the evening at a cost of around 8 euros for a 2 course. Garlic bread, soup or salad, meat or fish dish. Quite a few people were using the restaurant although we preferred to go out for dinner.
Safety deposit box, 2.75 euros per day and 10 euro returnable deposit.
Anyone going out soon Albufeira is a great place to visit and Forte do Vale is a great base.
One last thing. I notice lots of people complain about the beds but have to say we found them very comfy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Grand Muthu Forte do Vale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Forte Do Vale Hotel Albufeira
- Grand Muthu Forte Do Vale Albufeira, Portugal - Algarve