“Nice restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Maerdy, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Had a couple of meals here , just around the corner from the Almar apartments . Nice staff and meals very well presented .

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Janice P

• Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“valentines night delight”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

A good place to go for a romantic meal. We went on Valentine's night it was a fixed 5 course menu. You get 2 menus and you can choose what you would like for each course except for the fish. We both had the same
Prawns, soup, fish, lamb and desert.

The 2 owners are very welcoming and explain the menu, there is a lovely relaxing calming vibe in the restaurant and we were there for over 3 hours.

It was a fixed price menu, service was fantastic, and that is why you will comeback here time and time again.

You will feel at home away from home and that's the charm of the place

Visited February 2014
4 Thank leon T
Algarve, Portugal
“Fantastic Food & Service:)”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Book...book...book..if you want to dine @ Dom Carlos.

We had the pleasure of eating @ Dom Carlos on valentines eve. We arrived at 7.30pm & were noticed straight away on arrival. The owner welcomed us & asked where we wanted to sit. Not often do you get the choice. She was very warm and friendly & we felt at ease straight away.

She then said her husband would explain the menu to us. He was also delightful & very friendly. You can see they both enjoy their jobs & their passion for food speaks volumes. You order & they give you peace to relax & soak up the atmosphere.

The food - outstanding & I'm a fuss pot. I've ate in many top places around the world & I can say this it up there with them, if not better...amazing. Prawn starter to die for, fresh fish, soup...truly amazing, & I think you get my gist.

5 courses throughout the eve. & you aren't rushed in any shape or form. 49 euros per head & well worth every penny. Vino starts for 19 euros per bottle & they have a vast range to pick from.

I'm so glad we found this amazing restaurant. We can't wait to go back.

NB...we were given 'FREE' extra bread & a free pudding. Unreal, as this doesn't ever happen often.

Go and check Dom Carlos out for yourself. I can say with my hand on my heart you are in for a fantastic evening with great food & lovely service all round.

Donna & Duncan:)

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank 188donna
Kent
“Tres bonne”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Great location and the food is awesome - great choices and everybody is so friendly and helpful. Keep it up guys and see you soon.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Guy R
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Our Honeymoon!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We booked The Dom Carlos Restaurant for our honeymoon meal and my wife's 50th birthday. What can I say but it,s the best meal I,ve ever had. We were there about a year ago and it prompted a return. It is by far the nicest place we have ever been to. Anna and Peter the owners are fabulous hosts we would like to wish them both all the very best for the future and will be seeing them soon. Once again A Truly Special Place in Albufeira!

• Visited September 2013