“Would highly recommend”

Ranked #3 of 858 Restaurants in Albufeira
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visited after reading other reviews on trip advisor.
So glad we did, it was the best meal we had during our stay even better than Vila Joya!!
A five course menu that changes dailly depending on the fresh produce available.
We started off with homemade bread - absolutely delicious, starter, followed by a choice of two soups, then a fish dish which was to die for, then your main and finally dessert, yum yum. All portions are small so don't worry you wont be overwelmed by 5 dishes.
Anna is a lovely host and Peter describes in great detail how each sish is cooked - a perfect couple to run such a wonderful restaurant. You must visit if you go the Albufeira

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Lovely food, atmosphere and with Ana and Peter perfect hosts. A five course menu for 44 euro which represented outstanding value. Perfect evening was had

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We visited Dom Carlos Restaurant after reading reviews on tripadvisor food was very nice and the menu was explained in great detail, I thought a little on the expensive side but excellent for that "special occasion" - didn't realise until we entered the restaurant that they did only serve the five course menu but this was told as soon as we asked for a table. Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Once again my husband and I returned to Dom Carlos to enjoy another wonderful meal. The hosts explains the 5 course menu to you and takes great pride in this and ensures your dining experience is first class. I love the banana and walnut bread, I will be e-mailing soon for the instructions on how to make it.
I am getting to a certain age were I appreciate going some where to eat without having to sit near a screaming child, I know this sounds terrible but been there done that, now time for peace and quite when eating!, so please don't turn up with a small child in tow, it is not the right place for them. Booking in advance is essential.

2  Thank Nicola W
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were holidaying with friends and we are all really into great food.
Having read the reviews,we were all really looking forward to the evening. I booked in advance and informed Them we had 2 birthdays in the party. When i received the confirmation email Ana had written a lovely response and said they would make sure their birthday's were memorable. They were rather busy when we arrived as there were many 8pm tables, but Ana was charming and made sure that we had some bread, water and menus to be getting on with. Regardless of how busy they are, you will receive personal explanations of the dishes and how they are cooked from either Ana or Peter and their passion for food is incredible.
We all felt that 44euros for a five course meal of such quality was actually relatively cheap.....and we had booked again for our last night by the 3rd course! When we had finished dessert, Ana then presented my friend and husband with birthday cakes...... Unfortunately we'd already booked a taxi so we had to take them home with us. When we tried them the next day we just couldn't believe how amazing they tasted.

We are all quite fussy, and I spend a lot of time researching where to eat when on holiday, but I would strongly recommend this restaurant to anyone with a real passion for fine food.
Ana and Peter are the most wonderful hosts and we are even contemplating flying out for a weekend just so we can visit Dom Carlos again!

1  Thank Nikki H