“Good place”

Alagoamar Aparthotel
Ranked #1 of 29 Albufeira B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I read all the previous comments , and they are pretty much spot on.
I have to say however I feel the Air con was fine as they are always noisy this is not unusual. ...
Also hotels are re nowned for high phone call and bar prices , this is also not unusual .Dont use them there is a pay phone outside and Internet cafe across the road..
I'm always surprised Brits want British tv if you were Portuguese on holiday in uk you wouldn't get Portuguese tv..

The apartments are very good for the price immaculate which is my priority..
Well located near Old town , new town, supermarkets , beach ..
Staff are nice and helpful , I fine that's all over with the Portuguese very accommodating .

This was our first visit and will visit again we used a transfer company called yellow fish taxis also had a great experience well organized and a gift of a bottle of red wine. Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat p
There are newer reviews for Alagoamar Aparthotel

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Me and my partner were delighted with our stay. The room was spacious, clean, kitchenette very very well equipped, everything you could have wished for. Swimming pool and the area were very clean and well maintained too. Breakfast and snacks in the bar were very good quality and tasty. There was no entertainment in the bar apart from TV but it wasnt a problem for us. The only downside was the location - beach and Old Town were about 20 mins away walking. Overall thought we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here for ten nights in October 2012 the location was excellent right next to a supermarket shopping mall taxi rank and little tram stop slap bang in the middle of the old town and the new Town. We always went down to the old town as there seemed to be better restaurants and looked alot more appealing than the new Town for us.
The hotel itself. I couldn't complain about anything as it was exactly what we needed cleaned regularly. And staff were very friendly and would go out of there way to help.
Would definitely stay here again. Had a friend come and stay half way through the holiday as it was my birthday surprise! And she did not have a room booked there and they managed to do her a very good deal on a room for her stay think she got a better deal than us online :(
Would recommend to anyone to stay here family's, couples, and friends

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Dathanial2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was our second time at this location (3rd overall @sister property SolAqua). Much much improved since the split from Club Umbria. We appreciated the new TV, bed-sitting bedspread and additional kitchen utensils. Front desk staff was great - from Anna whom we had met on our last visits and all the new members Catia, Andre and Miguel. Always helpful and cheerful and chat about lots of things. No need to repeat info about grocery stores (Modelo and Pingo Doce). Only addition is - oriental grocery store across the street (ground floor from NetKafe) if you want to cook oriental (ample supply of auathentic sauces/ mixes and rice noodles)

Room Tip: pool view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank runawaypancake
Reviewed January 18, 2013

WE had our hunnimoon here in aug 2012 and it was lovely, we had a pool view and sat on the balcony for breakfast and drinks in the evening. This hotel is so clean, the pool is spotless. Remember to bring water/snacks if you are arriving late as there is just a vending machine avilable at night in case you would be hungry. We liked it so much we are returning in may for 2 weeks with our daughter and cant wait to show her around. We have been on many sun holidays and for location and cleenleness alone this rates high.

Room Tip: pool rooms are quiter, but if you people watch choose a front room you can always just close the pat...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edwina O
Reviewed January 4, 2013

this is a very clean and vel driven hotel,location is perfekt,right in the middle of old-new town.
staff very informativ and good,security good,nice pool...the kitchen has everything you will need for self catering,and it is self catering so dont complain about soap,wash up stuff and so on,you just buy everything at the nearby supermarkets.whats not to like..go for it.
best regards trond h.
norway

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank trond h
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Having stayed here twice, once in March 2012 and October 2012, I feel, overall you get what you pay for. The Alagoamar is cheap and cheerful, the rooms have all the cooking facilities you might need (not that Me or My partner ever cooked), the cleaning was everyday and I generally found they did a bang up job.The beds are rotten, I being a bed snob brought My own pillows, just wish I could have brought a mattress as well lol.

The visit in March we had no complaints at all (except from the beds, but I chalked that up to Me being a bed snob). I'm going to say that the first visit was better as everything was new and exciting so we forgave the faults the room might have had. The second trip however, we were not so forgiving as we had seen Albufeira so we picked up on the rooms more lacking parts. The first room we got put in was on the front of the hotel and sitting on the balcony the noise was a pain, but nothing that was a deal breaker, once the door was shut you couldn't hear anything so that was fine. The air conditioning unit was cack, it was like being coughed on by an arthritic mouse. So I asked to change rooms, the girl on the desk gave me a key for Me to go check it out, the air con was lacking in that room as well, so I asked for yet another room. I bounced into this new room and all seemed well, it was on the back on the hotel so it was overlooking the pool, the air con made an unholy noise but I opened the bay and fixed it (so I had thought). I moved all our stuff into the room and settled down. That night the air con unit came to haunt us, by Christ did it make a noise, it required Me hitting it and fiddling with the fan to stop the noise, and I don't mean the normal noise I mean a clanging all night long if left alone.

As were not interested in the pool and all the things that go with that I feel I'm unqualified to comment on such things. The bar and such again didn't interest us so I shan't comment on it.
The hotels staff were great, they couldn't do enough for you and even helped Me plan a trip to Lisbon, planning trains and what have you. The location is great, not more than a 5 mins walk is a Continente (not as good as Asda but close), can get all you need there. 15 mins walk gets you to the Old Town a family centric place with tons of restaurants and gift shops.

Would I go back there, I'd have to say no, but then I won't be going back to Albufeira as We've seen so much, Vilamoura, Lisbon and all of the Old Town.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple