“Would not recommend unless they improve the care of animals” 2 of 5 bubbles

Krazy World
Ranked #124 of 427 things to do in Algarve
Long Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Would not recommend unless they improve the care of animals”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our 3 year old had a great time. I think the play area, the pool, the pony ride, the food area etc are all great. There was an animal/ reptile show. The employee was friendly and knowledgable.

I wouldn't go back however....and most likely I won't recommend it to anyone.
I don't agree with their care of many of the animals- mostly the reptiles.
Today there was a plastic water bottle in the large turtle enclosure. Not really what I expect to see when visiting a zoo that 'cares for animals' (plastic garbage)
The snap turtles and alligator are kept in pretty dismal conditions. I understand that they live in a swamp when wild and can be quite sedentary, but at Krazy World it really came across as stagnant dirty water in a dismal cement pen.

What was most upsetting was the ostrich that was alone in a small enclosure. At this time there is very loud construction going on behind the fence that the ostrich is kept in.(Drilling etc) The bird appeared quite distressed. Again, I am not an expert by any means, but general welfare seems pretty basic.
Lastly, as we were leaving, I saw an employee dragging a screaming goat down a path, pick it up by the scruff of it's neck and throw is over a fence about 4 feet high. I did speak with management about this who assured me that care of animals is their first concern. Again, I have no experience with goats, but just viewing the handling of this animal was quite unsettling.

Many of the animals seem very happy and from what I saw, the staff seem to love working with them. But a good clean up of this park is needed- and perhaps a downsize of the animals kept?

I think Krazy world would be a lot better if they could eliminate alot of their animal 'issues' and focus on just having fun with an amusement style park and a small petting zoo.

There seem to be a lot of unhappy customers that find the animal care unsatisfactory. I live in the area and I know that KrazyWorld does not have a good name...I was hoping to see otherwise but unfortunately this didn't happen.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank 0longbeach0

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

What a lovely wee hidden gem of a place!! At only £10 euros an adult and our under 1 was free, it really was value for money. It was tucked away and would have been difficult to find without the satnav! Kraft world had a relaxed atmosphere and the staff were really friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend Keazy world to a family who were looking for a relaxing yet fun day out while in the Algarve.

Portugal
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Good day experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Our 6 years loved it! And that is all i ask when its vatcation time! He loved the animals, the mini-golf, the pools, the kindergarden and he even made slide and rappel on trees.
Very friendly staff, food were reasonably priced. Good value for what u pay for.
will be back next year.

Visited September 2012
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Underrated day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

As regular visitors to the Algarve and with a very active child to entertain, we are always looking for a full day out to visit and Krazy World is just that. It is full of things to do, with really friendly staff and a zoo that genuinely cares for the animals in it's care. It is really good value and the animal petting area is a real winner. The food is perfectly fine and good value and the bar is very reasonably priced. I wish it all the best, it cannot be easy to keep going in this economic climate.

Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All in all a great day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Excellent value for money, we paid 9.95 euros per adult and 6.95 per child which included 18 hole minigolf, pools, huge bouncy castle, interaction with all sorts of animals etc., etc... There were some activities which were charged separately, however we found the entry price to be so reasonable for everything that was included we did not mind paying extra for the tree climbing circuit. All in all a great day out!

Visited August 2012