“A fantasic place for little ones”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Algarve
Holiday Village Algarve Balaia
Ranked #114 of 517 Hotels in Algarve
Woking
“A fantasic place for little ones”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I went here in July 2011. We booked last minute and didn't really know much about holiday villiage resorts. We were so pleased we went here. Everything is there, you really don't need to leave (which when travelling with a 1 year old is a must!) the food was good, the room was spacious and clean and the pools beautiful. My only downside would be that the beach was a long walk away and very hilly. Pushing a buggy up those hills was like a full on workout!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank LauraTurner23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (387)
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Went all inclusive.good food .excellent rooms with sea views.excellent for kids with plenty for them to do.staff are excellent.bad bits - no beach nearby and pools are too cold too go in as heating is not allowed in Portugal

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank peachy71
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

First let me say the holiday village staff where brilliant kids club was great, the three pools where good, but freezing too cold for my little tike so I had to spend every day in the indoor pool which was very smelly of chlorine which means its dirty, the slides in the play pool weren't as good as we where lead to believe. The big let down was the food and dinning area, the food was very bland and samey over two weeks it was a drag, this is partially my fault as I'm a fussy eater, but I've been on all inclusive holidays alot this hotel was the worst I've been in for food. The hotel is split in two with one of the sections down a great big hill , if you've got a kids buggy or a wheel chair you're knackered. We where in this hotel so this hill had to be walked up and down 4/6 times per day with kids and grand parents in tow.
Our rooms in the hotel where good nice clean modern, we had one with the kitchenette an one without, both very nice, it's just you need to walk up that hill for breakfast dinner and tea!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We went there at the start of the holiday season in may 2012 and have to say we loved our time there.

The pools were clean although cold (even the indoor one). My daughter who is an only child made loads of friends either at the splash pool or the very good outdoor recreation part. The food was good (puddings were sometimes a bit of a letdown) but I have a number of allergies and was catered for extremely well. The staff were friendly and my daughter loved Emily the swimming instructor.

The rooms were a little small and our room had three single beds pushed together. If we'd ave known we would have booked the one bed apt as we ended up on he balcony when it was my daughters bed time. We were down in block two which was quieter for music but had the noise of the road to contend with.

There was wifi apparently in block 1.

The beach was a bit difficult to get to if you didn't get the minibus and the nearest cash machine was a good walk away. But he beaches were beautiful and the towns pretty with friendly locals.

Needless to say we didn't want to come back!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Charlotte B
Cambs
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stopped at the Holiday Village Algarve in July 2012 for two weeks and unfortunately felt very let down by the hotel, especially for the price we paid. Let's start with the positives..... The Pool areas are lovely, there are 3 which are well maintained and clean. Getting a sunbed could be difficult. The pool advertised as the 'quiet' pool occassionally was rather loud from the Club 18-30's style hotel playing techno/house music right next door. Luckily my husband and I found this quite funny! This is it on the positives.

The rooms are nothing more than 3 star standard, the bathrooms desperatly need a refurbishment. I had to ask for the shower curtain to be changed as it smelt dirty. Housekeeping did change the curtain quickly and the smell dissappeared. The rooms are night are noisy.... people returning to their rooms late wearing heals woke me up many times, every noise just echoed terribly. Our room was right above the play room, we could hear the slot machines quite easily and likewise hear noise from the rooms either side of us.

Apart from the scottish lady on Reception, the Reception staff were rude. On requesting a different room, I was bluntly told no (they were obviously very used to this request). The First Choice staff were very good and tried their best to help with any problems and interacted well with the children. The Kids Club was OK but no where near big enough in peak season. The swimming instructors were lovely.

Now to the restaurant... the food was OK, that's as far as I can push my opinion... it wasn't big enough and the food was repetitive. Luckily we hired a car and ate out a few evenings which at least gave us a break from the food.

The Holiday Village in Spain is much newer and a lot better, as is the Polynesia Hotel just above it. If you are happy to go 3 star than this hotel is great for children but if you don't want to pay over the odds for what is on offer, then go elsewhere. It has took me four months to bring myself to write this review, I really do hate to be negative but it's how I feel on this one.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Farmer_boy44
lincolnshire
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here October half term with wife, daughter 15 and son 13 years. On Arrival check in was extremely quick and we were sat in the restaurant within 20 minutes of checking in. Food was good throughout our stay, always fresh and hot, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and always replenishing stocks. Bar staff always had a smile on there faces even if they had worked a 14 hour day. Loads to do for the children from morning till late into the evening, shows every night in the main room which started at 6 for the younger kids followed by bingo then a live act which ended around 11. Hotel is a little out the way but a taxi ride in to Albufeira would cost between 5 euros to the strip or 7 euros to the old town. The hotel shows all football games so this was an added bonus for the boys, the pool areas were great but I could imagine them to be crowded in the summer months. Would recommend this hotel to anyone with younger children as it has everything to keep them entertained, the First Choice staff were great and always on the go. There is a 9 hole golf course over the road from the hotel where you could hire shoes and clubs for 50 euros, this includes 18 holes of golf. All inclusive drinks are San Miguel on tap and local brand spirits which weren't too bad. As other people have said its worth paying the extra for an upgrade to get a room in block 1, as this is next to all the action and if you facing the pool has some great views.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank diddery
belfast
Reviewed November 6, 2012

we stayed here in may 2012. it was our first holiday as a family with our twos boys who were two and three. our oldest son was granted a make a wish. so we choose here and so pleased we did. the algarve is a beautiful place to go on holiday and the locals were very pleasant. the hotel was great and our one bedroom apartment was very modern and clean the tv had a good few english channels which was handy. not that we were in our room very often as there was so much to do in the hotel. the kids pools were great and as much as i hate to admit it we tended to stay by the pool for a gd few hours a day as the kids couldnt get enough of it. bar food was ok pizza tended to be either burnt are underdone but edible lol same with the rest, and the buffets breakfast lunch and dinner was great to the staff were really nice even after our kids spilt endless amount of juice everyday. as for the first choice staff they were fantastic they've been trained to extremely high standards and were always trying to get you involved with what ever was going on. the mini market was good to for snacks for the evening when in our room. overall we enjoyed the holiday immensely. and would definetly return.

Room Tip: block one rooms are great as there near the main pool and reception