“Fabulous week away”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Algarve
Holiday Village Algarve Balaia
Ranked #106 of 520 Hotels in Algarve
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited the resort 18- 25th October on an all inclusive basis, on arrival we were shown to the dinning room for lunch, the lady that greeted us apologised for the lack of choice but explained that lunch service finished at 2.15 (we had arrived at 2.00) she need not have worried the choice of food was excellent. Throughout the week the food was varied, always hot and plenty of choice. Our room in block 1 was fabulous very spacious and well appointed and was kept spotlessly clean.Although we did not have young children with us the facilities for children were second to none and in future we will return with our young grandchildren.
The staff were extremely friendly and nothing was too much trouble they were a credit to the hotel.
The hotel is approx 15 min walk from the beach but that was no problem to us as it gave us the opportunity to walk of our breakfast and there is a free courtesy bus laid on for the less energetic!
All in all it was an exceptional week away and we will certainly be returning

4  Thank paulandicki
There are newer reviews for Holiday Village Algarve Balaia

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just returned from portugal , no problems lovely hotel food was excellent, the staff and entertainers were fab, we were in block 1 with a lovely view of the pool and the sea . The beach wasn't easy to walk to but there was a curtesy bus which would take you down and bring you back later . I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone with mobility problems it was a bit hilly .

Room Tip: Ask for block 1
2  Thank Luana D
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The entertainment throughout the holiday was apsolutaly increably the girls Eleanor and Adele really made it they were very good peformers and great with the guests, Jason was great with the kids at night and very friendly they were a very professional, they dressed up with the kids on Halloween and made the night amazing they really are an amazing bunch and I really do wish them well for the future! The daytime staff were great as well they kept the kids busy throughout the day with some great activitys!! The accommodation was loverly clean and very well kept. The food was amazing loverly wide variety and the staff in there are very friendly! Overall it is the best holiday we have been on and I would highly recommend this to anyone.

I really don't understand how bad reviews are coming from people about the entertainment they were incredible!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Lucy123123999
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My title says it all it is what you make it. As with anything you can pick holes and find fault with everything you do. I have to say we had a fantastic holiday that is me my wife and 3 children aged 8,14 & 15. We were a little bothered by the fact we were going to be in block 2 however for us it came as no great problem although I can understand people with very young children or elderley people having a problem with being in this block. We found it quiet enough to get away from everything but also close enough to be involved if you wanted to be. The pools were very cold but once it them it was fine. The reps were fantastic and always remebered everybodys names even if you werent involved with the activity they were doing. How anyone can say the food is not great is beyond me there is always a different selection of food available i would hope for all tastes yes occassionally something has been out a little while but they always bringing fresh dishes out and the tabes are cleared quite quickly. We had one morning where we struggled to find a table big enough for the 5 of us but the staff were very quick in dealing with this and making an extra place up at the end of a table so we were not left hanging around. We had 2 rooms that I would call hotel style with twin beds and one of them had an extra put up bed in both rooms were very comfortable and spotless with the maids coming in every day except Sunday. All in all I would have to say although I can see what people are saying about the 4* not being 4* that this is a fantastic holiday destination and I would reccomend to anyone to go there.

3  Thank milkbottletan
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Accommodation very roomy and clean with kitchen. We had room 207 in Block 1 which is on the quiet side with a nice view and the glimpse of the sea. Block 2, I would say, is for couples. The beach is a bit of a trek for anyone that can't walk too far, but you can get a cab into Albufiera which is accessible. Personally, I liked the food - never ate so much fish. Jelly too :)

The cocktails weren't particularly good.

The entertainment was very much geared to the kids but then, as I was told by the rep, it was a Holiday Village. I didn't know what that meant until getting there.

Room Tip: 207 had nice views. block 2 quieter.
2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed October 29, 2012

There is no way id want to go back to this hotel and wouldn't recommend this hotel at all we will never be using first choice again it should of been our last choice!! 3 out of 4 of my boys where ill and still are as we came back yesterday 28/10/12 they where perfectly well when we arrived they went swimming on the tuesday in the indoor pool, splash pool and the slides by the evening and wednesday one of my sons had a allergic reaction and his face swelled up to what he had a reaction to we are notsure. Then wednesday evening my other son started being sick which then was followed by diarreah which he as had ever since and as had to see a doctor here. My other son caught balanitus so was in lots of pain and was extremely swollen and i also went swimming with them and developed a nasty cough and feels like my chest is tight. We made 2 trips to the doctors over there and that cost us roughly 200 euros it cost 50 euro each visit just for a consultation with the doctor. All these illnesses do make me wonder how clean there pools actually are! we only saw outside pools cleaned once and that was on the monday morning as we where always up early as they wanted breakfast and we prefer to go before the "mad rush" started!
We had 2 rooms that where interconnecting the brochure states 4* ive stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels and this most deff isnt a 4 star more like 2 bordering on to a 3*. Our rooms were not cleaned so had to contact reception. Our toilet wasn't cleaned the whole time we where there. We stayed in block 2 which had a very steep climb of steps to get to block 1 which is where the resturant and main areas are which was a pain for people with pushchairs, young children and the elderly.
The food was just about edible nothing special and not very warm! If you like mousse as a desert constantly then you will be fine they had now and again rice pudding and apple crumble 2 very simple deserts to make but yet tasted so bad! The resturant staff arent very polite and on several days a wild bird was flying around i complained to resturant staff but they didn't seem at all bothered! Flies where everywhere and totally driving us mad and other people as we heard others complaining too. The juice drinks are so strong we added water to them to make them drinkable even then they still wasnt great and left juice marks on kids faces which was so hard to rub off imagine what they do to your insides yuk. There are snack bars but its pot luck if and when open. On wednesday evening we stayed in our room as the boys where poorly and where in bed asleep at 7.45pm my hubby went down to get us a coke from the bar at 8pm and they where closed apparently they are supposed to be open untill 10pm for some reason they had closed and the shop wasnt open either so hubby had to go to block one which when your in block two is so inconfenient.
Some of the reps where good my boys loved holly and jen. The reception staff where helpfull but check in could be improved! There is no free wifi so as we had more rainy days than sunny this could of been a nice touch. As i said we had rainy days getting from block 2 to block 1 for dinner exc was a pain as we got soaked walking over to there and if your children dont want to go to clubs theres not a great deal for them to do mine went to a couple. They hype up about the trips but loule was a disappointment and not value for money albufeira was slightly better.
Faro airport i thought was filthy i went to the loo and without noticing some one had done a poo on back of toilet seat luckily for me i didnt sit on it as the lighting was very poor in there absolutly discusting and made me feel sick. The que at the gate to board plane was just a massive que of people no organisation what so ever.
My over all feeling of this hotel is poor i feel annoyed with myself that i spent money on this place never again.

3  Thank mummytofourUk
Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was our first visit to a Holiday Village and we're very impressed. The accommodation was very nice, clean and spacious. The food was fantastic and the kids corner with all the favorites was good. The meal at the alcarte restaurant was of high quality. If you don't like the food most rooms have kitchens and the mini supermarket stock fresh food and drinks everything you need to cook.

The First Choice staff are so friendly. Always making the kids smile and becoming their best friends. Our girls loved the clubs which kept them busy when the sun was not out as well as meeting lots of new friends. There was lots of them around the resort who always willing to answer any questions.

Entertainment with the "I live five" team was good and kept the kids busy in the evening. Our girls quickly became their fans!

All the pools and we're good especially the one with the slides and the splash area. The indoor pool is not heated and was extremely cold. It did get warmer but was not heated.

The local beach near by is picturesque. A ten minute walk and there is free bus from the hotel.

The two negatives would be the indoor pool not being heated and no free wifi. These are essential when it is cloudy and rainy.

Definitely would do a holiday village again. Happy kids mean happy parents!

Room Tip: If you have children you need to be in block one.
3  Thank Bindarana