“Expensive and had much better elsewhwere in Evora”

Tasquinha do Oliveira
Ranked #22 of 250 Restaurants in Evora
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Scotland
“Expensive and had much better elsewhwere in Evora”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We had to book to eat here, and we did so based on the reviews.

We were disappointed, mainly as it was so very expensive

. We ate the starters, one of which was crab, as usual no prices, but the owner said it was something we should really sample as it was fabulous, we had three courses and it came to 112 Euros for the two of us. (1 crab shell 16 Euro )

It was the most expensive meal we had on our holiday, including some of the nicer places in Lisbon and Cascias.

The food was ok, don't get me wrong, but we had nicer in Evora, and not very far away and for less than half the price.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Ritchiescotland

“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Great place discovered by chance in Evora, great food great music and veey pleasant owner...the most enchanting food experience in portugal :)

• Visited July 2013
sao paulo
“a must-go in evora”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

yes, you must reserve to dine in this tiny and cosy restaurant (only 12 seats) ran by the Oliveira couple. And yes, it's worthy! He receives you, explains the dishes and waits your table kindly and friendly. She cooks wonderfully well. Pay attention to the appetizers, exquisite and authentic. The main dishes were heavenly made, but the shrimp and spinach soufle was our favorite, the best we have ever ate. And the wines are also very good. Tasquinha do Oliveira has become a landmark and a must-go place in Evora such as the roman temple or the convento dos loios. don't miss it!

• Visited June 2013
cotswolds
“A truly amazing Portugese experience”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Lived up to everything Id been promised. A true taste of Portugal in a tiny but amazing restuarant. Its hard for me to add anything that hasnt already been said. Beautiful authentic portugese food. I dont know what they were called (as my Portugese friend did all the ordering) but there were cod fritter/ pancake type things that I'm still dreaming of. You would need to book as there are only 12 covers and the couple do not speak English so be warned, but it will be worth the effort.

• Visited June 2013
Oakland, California
“Fantastic meal and wine”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My most memorable meal in Portugal. This is a very small restaurant run by a couple (I'm not sure if they are husband and wife), he is out front, she is in the kitchen. both are phenomenal at their jobs. As with most Portuguese restaurants, there will be a number of appetizers awaiting you, but I felt that in this restaurant, it was mostly to show us some of the wonders of the kitchen, no pressure intended -- Knowing the limits of our appetites, we kept two, and sent the others back. If you are in a larger group, or if you are not planning to have a main course, you can keep more. In fact, we noticed the big table with eight people seemed to have come into the restaurant specifically to work their way through all the appetizers. For wine choice, my husband prefers a more pinot noir/burgundian style red, something that is hard to find in Portugal, where big full-bodied reds are favored. We described our preferences to the owner, and he brought out the *perfect* wine, for the first time in the almost 2 weeks we had been in Portugal. What was really wonderful was how reasonably priced this bottle was. He was not going for profit, he just wanted to please his guests. The food was exquisite, authentic, rich, delicious, authentic, lovingly and expertly prepared. I dream of going back. Next time we go to Evora, I'll do all I can to book us here for dinner, every night. We tried to go back, but they were booked --it can be difficult to get reservations here. Note: We were here in May 2011. I meant to post this review sooner, hopefully tripadvisor will still accept it.

• Visited July 2012