“The worst restaurant in Evora”
Review of Mr. Pickwick

Mr. Pickwick
Ranked #210 of 259 Restaurants in Evora
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Being from Evora i have been to most of the restaurants in town, so tonight i decided to try this one for the first time.
-Very bad quality ingrediants
-ONLY turist orientated
-Meat that was cooked in the morning and reheated
-Price/quality irrealistic
-If you are a tourist, DONT go there it will give you a totally wrong idea of portuguese food.
-You cant pay with a card.
-NOT RECOMMENDED UNDER ANY CIRCUNSTANCE.

6  Thank af0ns0s0ares

Reviewed October 2, 2010

We just left this restaurant and I could not wait to get back to my room to warn everyone to avoid this restaurant. Service was very slow and when we asked our waiter after the meal why we had been charged twice for bread & cheese he just ignored us and went about his business....I therefore ignored any inclination to give him a tip. Aside from that my meal was perhaps the worst meal I have ever been served in a restaurant. I had the cod and prawns...the cod...if that was what is was ...was like some type of oatmeal. The prawns...3 of them were inedible...still in their shell they were mushy and bland....I question whether a seagull would have eaten them. Enough said...DON'T GO THERE!!!!

3  Thank randomMA
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I thought i owed it to people who enjoy quality food NOT to go to this restuarant in Evora, Portugal. I ordered a fried fish, which had obviously been fried earlier that day or even the day before, and just reheated into a floppy, soggy mess. The service was horrid, we had to ask for our bill 3 times. Our server had a bad cold (not his fault), and was snorting and sniffling and sneezing all over us. It was really disgusting.

6  Thank rbellVancouver
Reviewed April 12, 2010

What attracted me to this restaurant was the varied menu (I was a little tired of the standard fish/meat with rice or potatoes and the options here were a bit more imaginative). I stopped by the restaurant in the afternoon and asked if I needed to book for the evening and was told no. Later when I showed up, it looked crowded but the waiter told me to come in. I was shocked when he sat me at a table with other people (surprisingly, the other people didn't seem to care, however, this is not a Portuguese custom as I've never seen it happen anywhere else). Later, I saw the same thing happen when a man came in. Normally, this would have sent me packing, but it was late, I was hungry and I was really looking forward to trying some of the tasty dishes. Anyway, in the end the food was bland and the portion small. Also, I don't mind getting "decoration vegetables" (ie 2 baby carrots and a tiny floret of broccoli) if vegetables are not included in the dish description, but I ordered "cordon bleu with vegetables" , so frankly I would have expected a bit more. The waiter who served me was a little rude too. I paid around 17 euros for 2 glasses of house wine, the cordon bleu "with vegetables" and a dessert.

4  Thank lilaczebra
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This little place in Evora is near the main square with the large fountain that is getting restored, on a little side street. We loved the casual ambience and the pumpkin/bean soup I had for a starter was absolutely delicious! My husband had an interesting gazpacho (with bread). We thought our pork main courses were excellent (his came with clams). With wine and a shared dessert (and tip) it was around 45 Euros. The waiter has quite the sense of humour and liked to joke around with "Bill" names when it came time for the bill. If you're looking for a reasonable and authentic Portugese restaurant (wonder how Mr. Pickwick became its name!) we would recommend this.