“Delicious food and welcoming atmosphere”

Maria Luisa Restaurante
Ranked #16 of 257 Restaurants in Evora
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Maria Luisa Restaurant is located in the historic center of Evora, precisely on 1st May Square, number 14, near one of main monuments, Bones Chapel. Betting on Traditional Cuisine combined with flavors and aromas of the world. Contemporary space with simple informal decor, in which details make this place a unique restaurant.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by a member of staff at Pensao Policarpo hotel and I'm so happy we took his advice! The restaurant is beautifully laid out and the staff bring you a very welcoming atmosphere and service.
Neither my boyfriend or myself speak Portuguese very well, but the staff were very encouraging for us to try, which I thought was very sweet. And they provided translations of any foods we were unsure of, and even gave us recipe instructions of how to make things!
I had the best wine I have ever tasted in this restaurant 'Solares dos lobos' I would highly recommend! My food was good, and my boyfriend had the lamb which he ate right up!
At the end of our meal we were given a digestive liquor of mint on the house which was pretty strong!
I would definitely recommend this restaurant to families, couples, or anyone looking for some good food and a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Excellent. From soup to dessert. The lamb (borrego) was amazing! If you sit near the front, it has a view of the Sao Francisco Church. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was passing around this interesting city and my long journey was asking for the best of this region. Suddenly, one of the owners of Maria Luisa's (Joao) invited me and my wife to enjoy their specialities. I can tell you that it worth every single moment. They are very gentle, everything had a bit of this region, service very agreeable and very familiar environment. I passed really a good moment with the lunch. The choice of the wine was very rigorous, combining all the flavours of their typical herbs and spices. From all the dishes we have tried and have been purposed (cod,
partridge, wild rabbit pie, sardines, roast pork loin), our favourite was the wild rabbit pie "folhado de coelho bravo". Absolutely delicious!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We found this restaurant in a center of Evora, right next to Capela dos Ossos. We were really surprised by a warm welcome with a big smile (most waiters / waitresses barely smile in Portugal). The place is modern but warm and it is a great change from all these pseudo medieval, traditional restaurants that you can find on every street. We both had a delicious meal - my steak was as exactly as I wanted it to be: rare; my better half had a recommended by staff fish dish and she loved it as well. Do not forget to take a dessert :) I hope this restaurant will continue to operate and server top quality food !

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Coming out of the bone chappel we met a young an enthusiastic girl that told us about this restaurant. When we finally were hungry we decided to try it... and we were happily surprised by the welcoming environment and treatment.
The food was delicious giving a touch of elegance of modern cuisine to some of the more typical dishes of this area.
But the best came in the end, the amazing olive oil pudding. A must do!