This was a disappointing experience, despite the fact that the hotel building is nice and the structure interesting.
Positive: the location is good enough to walk all over Evora. The garden and pool are very nice. We enjoyed sitting by the pool and walking around. Sun beds in the pool area are OK. Unfortunately the pool water was ice-cold, but that is a common problem all over Portugal. The hotel has long corridors and open spaces which are agreeable.
• The most unsmiling staff. They looked unhappy and unwelcoming to customers. The receptionists were among the most disagreeable ever encountered.
• Service was slow; for instance, breakfast table were cleaned only after the customers left. You could keep piling up used crockery without anybody bothering to remove it from the table.
• The choice of food for breakfast was minimal, and for all the reasons mentioned above we decided not to dine in the restaurant.
• We had drinks at the pool and another guest told us that they served him a whole litre of sangria without informing him that you had to take the whole carafe because sangria cannot be sold by the glass. Price: 20 Euro.
• The room needs renovation, starting with the rickety and dirty night lamps. In our room the bathroom door was off level with the floor, scraping it every time we closed it.
• Since our room was above the entrance to the restaurant we had lots of noise twice early morning, as a group of French people touring on bus went for breakfast, speaking at the top of their lungs.
• We had a terrace with great view on the garden. Unfortunately, due to heat, it could be used only early morning or late evening, as the sun umbrella did nothing to protect from the sun. The two chairs on the terrace had old and very used mattresses, smelling of mildew.
• Cleaning of rooms was performed at odd hours, usually very late afternoon, just when we were back all sweaty from the city tour and wanted to take a shower.
• Personal pet peeve of mine: the bathtub (no shower) had one of those unhygienic plastic curtains that stick disagreeably to your wet skin…
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your M'AR De AR Muralhas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- m`Ar De Ar Muralhas Hotel
- m Ar De Muralhas Évora