After a long day of traveling, it was lovely to arrive at such a welcoming hotel. The staff were really helpful and efficient.
The hotel was very inviting and was in and excellent location. We paid 105 euros a night for a double room and felt this was excellent value for money. The air con was fantastic, beds were comfortable. The communal area had a computer with free internet access, and books, and always seemed to be available to use - we loved just hanging out there. Wi-fi was excellent in the room. The outside area was lovely to sit in at night and have a drink or two. Like the other reviews said - the breakfast was outstanding. The best breakfast we had while in Portugal - we traveled around Portugal for two weeks, and it was definitely the best. Staff were also among the nicest we encountered in the two weeks. We had to check out early and we were accommodated with breakfast - before 8am.
The only negative I can give to be honest is that the floor in the bedroom was dirty, it needed a good clean. But this is no way enough to deter someone from staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora