Definetly one of the best places for Evora! Top location in the old city walls (free parking), nice building and cosy places to play chess and enjoy the evening.
I'd give this hotel a avarage 3 Points here if there wasn't the very nice owner Nina and her well motivated staff!
They make your stay absolutely unforgetable and help where ever possible! You can even trust their "recommended restaurants" list as many of the cities restaurants are tourist traps and not worth the penny. We had the bad luck to be there on Easter Sunday and the choice of restraurants was limited.
Unfortunately the rooms resp. the bathrooms show their age. Beds are great, TV with CNN and other English channels. Everything is clean and working well, however the sink in bathroom is too high (ca. 1m from floor), showerhead and armature are from the late 90ies (looks cheap). Also the public-spa-like hairdryer (ventilator at the wall, air comes through a flexible tube) was modern some time ago and there are better solutions for hotels available in 2009.
Breakfast was super especially because of the personal assistance of the owner! You feel like at home!
Our early booking HRS company rate (72 EUR) was adequate - the official rate of 115 EUR/double incl. breakfast I'd feel it a bit overpriced in Evora/Portugal. Alternatives are available in town....
In a nutshell some more details: free Wifi, no Spa-Pool-Gym, no restaurant but wine bar.
However this cosy and charming hotel is very much recommended visiting Evora!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora