This hotel wasn't the fanciest hotel that we stayed at during our two week vacation to Portugal but the service blew all the others away. When we first arrived to the hotel we were greeted with a complementary beverage. My husband had a local beer and I had fresh juiced apples. For the first night we were upgraded to a room with a balcony and they were helpful with getting everything moved over to another room the second night. We were charged for the upgrade but Rick Steve's book said upgrades were no charge if available.
Breakfast is worth staying here! It is the best breakfast I have every had at a hotel. Everything is fresh, local, homemade and delicious! You can choose from the extensive breakfast buffet or order off a menu. We sat outside in their adorable courtyard but they also have a inside dining room. We also had a late lunch there which was very good as well.
There is a cozy area for playing games and enjoying cocktails in the evening. We played backgammon each night here.
The owners and other staff were helpful in recommending delicious restaurants and things to do in the area. Great hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora