As a comment for this site, we had such a wonderful time at the Albergaria do Calvario. It was more than we expected. Our stay was part honeymoon and also for my husband's EuroCALL conference at Evora University.
Firstly, all the staff were very kind and got along together so well, this atmosphere was felt by the guests. We looked forward to talking with staff at reception after coming back from dinner in town. Their faces were always cheerful and friendly. We especially miss talking with Carla and Soraia. One night, we ordered forks to eat our leftover wedding cake we had brought with us. (My husband told staff that we had wedding a few days ago in Sintra) After a slight delay, one of the staff, Rute, brought forks, dishes and a bottle of Champagne and glasses! You can imagine the surprise on our faces. We were so touched by that! Even when my husband got a terrible sore throat, Nina was prepared to have a local doctor do a house call on a Saturday. That's so professional! No request was too big or small - turns the hotels honey & lemon chamomile tea did the trick. We really appreciated the staff's TLC. It made us feel so protected and comfortable.
And the breakfasts!! All the food was organic and every special effort was made to have the produce provided by the local farmers. In addition to the grand assortment of fruits, cold-cuts, cheeses, fresh juices and grains available at the buffet, we could have any hot dish (including coffee or tea) served right our table. We didn't have to wait in line for anything. While syrup is not a local product Peter explained to us the organic process of the syrup made available with our breakfasts. We recommend french toast with Peter made maple syrup! Both Peter and Nina had an excellent way of blending chit-chat with quick service regardless of the customer's language background.
In the end, we felt lucky to stay such a famous hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora