We loved Evora and the whole region, as we came in early May, when the fields are full of wildflowers, and the temp is perfect. The hotel was, however, the best thing about this whole part of our trip. When we arrived, the staff was not only gracious and friendly, but Carla immediately sat down with us on the terrace with a glass of wine to find out our interests and needs and to introduce us to sites in the area, the facilities of the hotel, their favorite restaurants, etc. The exceptional level of service continued throughout our stay.. and we extended for 2 more nights just to enjoy the area, the hotel and the town.... and the food. The breakfast buffet is the best we´ve had so far (organic too..) and fresh baked goodies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergaria do Calvario is ideally located within the beautiful city walls of Evora. On the site of a 16th-century olive oil mill, the gated entry leads to a beautiful courtyard creating a centerpiece for the surrounding lobby, guest rooms, and common areas. This unique 4-star hotel provides modern luxury and contemporary styling while preserving its connection to the past and the unique identity of Evora. Each of the 22 guest rooms, including four suites, offer wireless Internet, a flat screen television, and heating and air conditioning. Every room is designed for restful comfort with superior beds, high quality linens, and a pillow menu. Beautiful marble, modern fixtures, and all glass enclosures create a thoroughly modern bath experience. Albergaria do Calvario is very well known for its exceptional all-inclusive breakfast featuring fresh, organic, and locally-grown products in abundant supply. Order from a full bar and a hand-selected menu of homemade tapas that may be enjoyed indoors or in the open courtyard. Twenty-four hours a day no request is too small or unique. Every staff member is eager to arrange services such as; tours and activities, dining reservations, and room service—all included with each stay. Laundry, ironing, and dry cleaning are also available at reasonable rates. A list of non-published services is also available and designed to help the traveler discover the best of local and regional experiences.All of the attractions of Evora are within short walking distance on sidewalks and charming cobblestone streets. Highlights within the city walls include the Se Cathedral and hidden gems like the Igreja dos Loios. Featured day trips include nearby wineries, cork oaks, historic cities, and tours of prehistoric megalithic sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Albergaria do Calvario reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergaria Do Calvario Évora
- Albergaria Do Calvario Hotel Évora