“The Dinner was in Ruins...”
Review of Di Casa

Di Casa
Ranked #55 of 252 Restaurants in Evora
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

...but in a very good way. The old building nestled nicely into the city walls, just a hundred metres from the amazing aqueduct. The owners had exposed much of the old stone inside the dining area. We were amongst just a few other diners, but it was well off-season in mid-December. The food was unaffected by the scarcity of clients. The only off-point was the initial musty smell of the place--like all the typical bad drains of Europe. It wore off after a few minutes--that is, you got used to it and it faded into the background. We started with spinach soup, quite nice and creamy, not too salty (a common Portuguese cooking fault). I had fresh spinach with parmesan slivers and tangy mustard--quite intriguing. My partner had a beef filet with a mushroom risotto--there is some rice growing in Portugal, and quite decent stuff. I had a shrimp fettucine and cherry tomatoes, quite tangy cheese and nciely cooked overall. A regional wine was a great slurp--a Castello red, nice and fruity, no acid. Overall, a great visit, and a beautiful evening walk home to the centre along the inside of the old wall (about 30 minutes).

Reviewed October 13, 2012

It's a big but nice restaurant and you can order a realy great tunasteak. Food was good also the service.

1  Thank Larera
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Having picked up one of their flyers lying on the sidewalk, we weren't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised as everything, including the service, was excellent. I had the white wine sangria and it was so delicious and freshly made. We shared the Caprese Salad and it was really good even though It's not really tomato season yet. The cheese was tasty as was the dressing. I had a half order of Spaghetti Bolognese and was thick and rich and just the right size for my appetite at the time. My partner had the Pizza Di Casa. If you like your pizza crust thick, don't come here. The pizza is very thin in the middle and crusty and puffy on the outside crust. We both had dessert. I had the warm chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. Could have done without the chocolate sauce though as it was a bit too sweet. My partner had vanilla ice cream with amaretto biscotti and a shot of espresso on top. It was sooooo good. The decor is airy and modern and the whole experience worthwhile. Would highly recommend. Also, it is open on Sundays.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

We had bruschetta and spinach soup as straters. The bruschetta came with green-red pieces of tomato, slices of olive, olive-oil and a bit of parmigiano, yammi ! The spinach soup was very rich and tasty. We took pizza for mains, which were excellent . Only minor comment we have is that the bottom of the pizza could be more crusty. Lovely red housewine. We would definitely go back.

1  Thank belgtravel
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We had a very nice dinner at Di Casa. It´s a cosy place, with frindly staff, the food is great and it´s not very expensive (complete meal for 25 € for 2 persons).

1  Thank CarlosPedro