“Reasonably priced, good value for money, but very forgettable.”
Review of Ibis Evora

Ibis Evora
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Evora
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed in hotel for two nights at the end of October 2012. Hotel is located just outside the city walls and ten minutes’ walk into town center. The room is very small, but neat and clean with new TV. The bathroom was large when compared to the size of the room. Hotel has a free Internet computer for guests, although it's a very slow connection. This hotel was very reasonably priced, good value for money, but very forgettable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night in September. Hotel is perfectly located just outside the city wall and it has free parking. You don't want to drive into this little town with narrow one way streets. An Ibis is an Ibis. The quality, the cleanliness, the service is expected no matter which one you stay at.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were just in town for an overnight on our way driving from Seville to Lisbon. We found the hotel to be clean and the staff friendly. Yes, the room was small but efficiently laid out and tidy. The price was very reasonable (49 euros for a double, I believe), the parking was free and it was just a five minute walk to the heart of the city. The room was very quiet at night and the bed reasonably comfortable. We did not get the breakfast because it was cheaper in town and we wanted to walk around first thing in the morning. We found Evora to be very interesting and explored the area the next day; Monsaraz and Almendres Cromlech and Dolmen.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed with my girlfriend a few weeks ago, dont bother there are way better hotel in town.
Listen to this story, my girl checked in bought two breakfasts and told the receptionist That i was parking my car. After a few minutes looking for parking, i went inside to encounter Monic,, who refused to contact my girl since i didnt know the room number. This went on for about an hour of back and forth. I proceeded to show Monic my girls American passport, so she could contact her. SHE REFUSED. Then ULTRA frustrated and completely upset beyond belief, i proceeded to rent another room for myself. I had been given the smallest room i have ever seen since my hostel days in college. After a few hours of my girl pacing around lobby, parking lot and asking receptionist where i was, they figured out the mistake several hours later. They proceeded to call my room, which they told me was illigal when i was trying to contact her first. After a sleepless night we contact the corporate, and their response was very disapointing and uncaring, very crapy corporate policy. They offer a free night. I WOULD NEVER EVER stay in this hotel, and will bash them everywhere. I was a executive at Ritz Carltons for many years, and the Ibis needs to fire and hire faring people. Their service modo are UBER false.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bin18miami
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Firstly Evora. Everyone should visit before they die! We spent a two night break there with our boys (13 and 9), having driven up from our main holiday on the Algarve (enough swimming, let's get some culture into them). The Cathedral and Roman temple are spectacular. Walking on the roof of the Cathedral was amazing, if a little scary. The 9 year old was disgusted that I made him hold my hand (more for me than him!). The view from the square over the plains below was inspiring. My wife and I both shed a tear at a small tribute a woman left - presumably for her partner - a peach, a flower and a miniature bottle of brandy. It must have been a special place for them.
Portugese friends had warned us that Evora could be very hot and busy in August. When we were there it was not too hot or busy, so I would certainly advise to consider August.
Secondly the Hotel. It was perfect for what we wanted. The rooms are compact, but not tiny. Clean, comfortable and air conditioned. Fine to chill out for an hour or so between explorations. The reception and bar areas are modern and very pleasant. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We had breakfast there on our last day and it was fine and good value. Overall the Hotel was excellent value at 200 Euros for two connecting rooms for two nights in August.
Top Tips (!): the location is fantastic and one of the reasons we chose the Ibis as we were driving. You don't want to be driving within the City walls as the streets are very, very narrow and a one way system that is baffling. If you are driving, the Ibis is just outside the City walls, only 10 minutes walk from the centre of town, but the hotel is easy to find in a car and has plenty of parking.
Second tip. While th hotel breakfast is fine, if you cross the road into the park there is a cabin where you can also get breakfast while sitting next to a fountain watching the turtles.
Whatever you do you will be glad you visited Evora.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevan T
Reviewed September 5, 2012

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel..Its all you would expect from an Ibis. Clean, efficient, practical, no frills. Hotel staff was professional, friendly and efficient. Just across the road from the Evora city walls, its location is perfect. And very very reasonably priced - its great value for money

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family