“what a beautiful restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Luar de Janeiro

Luar de Janeiro
Reserve with
Luar de Janeiro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 242 Restaurants in Evora
Cuisines: European, Portuguese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York
“what a beautiful restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

we were given the name of Luar de Janeiro by Peter and Nina Brinkman, owners of Albergaria do Calvario and we were so grateful. We were amazed at the quality of the food.....the owner is the chef and her son receives you with the most beautiful menu! We had the local prosciutto "Pata Negra" which is to die for followed by the best veal steak I have ever had. The rice was a risotto with spearmint which I will never forget. Don't miss the to die for deserts which are all made daily.

Visited June 2012

Sao Paulo, SP
“My kind of place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

In a backstreet in Evora, a family place. Very good, fresh food. Staff was extremely helpful, suggested some of the dishes, and helped with the wine. The rice with clams ("arroz com almeijoas") was to die for. Certainly one of the top restaurants in the city, will be back once in the city.

Allentown, PA
“Fantastic food, zero atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

Great restaurant off the beaten path in Evora. Pork and clams was to die for. Reasonably priced for quality of food. Front of house (Luis, I believe) was friendly and spoke English well. His mom and sister are the chefs. The food makes this experience - no background music and very stark interior. Recommend!

Visited April 2012
Loule, Portugal
“The Top one in Évora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

In Évora you have plenty of choices for great restaurants. I have been there many times but don't know them all.
From those I know this is the best in my opinion. I went there many times and will keep going again in the future.
For me is not just the top one in Évora, but one of a short list in Portugal.
Great food, whatever you choose. All is great.
One thing I love threre is to have several small dishes on the table once you arrive, after booking.
This proves again and again to be a great remark of this place, and again this last time when me and my friends arrived there for a long day of travelling by car.
"Pedriz (partridge) de escabeche", cheese, scrambled eggs with aspargus, ham, etc.
Then we ordered some "cabrito no forno" with rice and "esparregado". GREAT.
Great choices of Alentejo wines.
Great service "Alentejo style". Quiet but very helpfull.
It is not cheap, but considering the quality, one can't ask for more.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank joaovj
Sundsvall, Sweden
“Our favourite restaurant in Evora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

In our opinion a fantastic restaurant and, of the more than ten restaurants we have visited, our definitive favourite.

Try the pork cheek or the black pork with clams and let the waiter/owner choose the wine. In our experience you cannot go wrong.

For dessert, try the choholate mousse or the desert on egg yolks, sugar, almonds and cinnamon. Both are fantastic, in our opinion.

Have dined here in both 20120 and 2011 and vill definitely return in the future.

• Visited September 2011